Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Freezing Breads/Dough  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Freezing Breads/Dough
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:07 AM »
I asked KAF about freezing the Cinnamon Bread I made here and this is the response I got back:

Everything Yeasted…

The key to freezing breads, rolls, and yeasted coffeecakes well is to make sure they have completely cooled before you bag them up. You can slice breads and coffeecakes before freezing if you’d like. We suggest double-bagging hard-crusted breads to protect against the sharp edges causing little tears in the plastic – which can cause freezer burn. The items will keep from 1-6 months in the freezer, but after a month the flavors can begin to dull.

If you wish to serve the items cold, thaw them at room temperature in their freezer wrapping so they can reabsorb any moisture that may cling to the inside of their bags. If you wish to serve the items hot, put them (un-wrapped) into a 400F oven for 20 minutes; this hot-thawing method makes the items stale faster, so eat at once. You don’t need to thaw individual slices of bread for toast, they can go right from the freezer to the toaster.

To make an un-cooked bread or pizza dough recipe suitable for freezing, increase the yeast called for by one quarter. This will offset any yeast that is killed by the cold temperatures.

Once the dough is kneaded, allow it to rise until doubled (or wait until the bread machine completes its “dough” cycle). Then deflate the dough – dividing it or shaping it if you want - and place it into plastic freezer-storage bags. Double-bagging is even better. If you want to vacuum seal the dough you must freeze the dough solid first and then vacuum seal it. The dough may be stored in the freezer for about 4–8 weeks. If yeast is exposed to very cold temperatures it will die; for this reason it is best not to freeze dough below 20F.

When you are ready to use the dough, defrost it at room temperature then shape as desired, let rise and bake! Cover it with oiled plastic wrap while it is defrosting. Once it is defrosted and risen you may proceed with the recipe as usual. It will typically take about 4 hours for your dough to thaw and continue rising.

Not sure if you will get to the dough soon enough? Remove the dough from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge. This works really well if you want pizza for dinner, but have to work all day. Remove the dough from the freezer in the morning and place it in the fridge. The dough will be thawed and ready to shape when you get home!

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: Freezing Breads/Dough
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »
Good for them to reply... they lost me after the first paragraph!  :hah!:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Freezing Breads/Dough
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
Basically, if you want to freeze it, you can freeze it after you finish baking it. OR...you can do the recipe until after the first rise then freeze it. This will be like if you buy frozen dough from the store. Then you can bake it per the directions...let it come to room temp and rise OR bake it frozen...depends on the recipe.