Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Happy B-Day Mick!  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Happy B-Day Mick!
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:06:57 AM »
Happy Birthday Mick!!!

Mick
We hope you have a great Birthday and get all that you wish for and most of all we hope you get lots of love for this day and throughout the year.  :bigthumb:

Here's a little cake for ya.

"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Happy B-Day Mick!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:39:04 AM »
Happy b-day, Mr. Mick!!! I hope you enjoy your day and have many, many more birthdays!!!

Offline Mick

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »
Thanks Guys.  Chilling out a bit today..  desert-smiley

Apart from replacing the rear wheel bearing on my Volvo that is... 
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 11:57:12 AM »
Me too but I might bake something if the mood strikes me...

Offline Mick

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 12:57:39 PM »
Me too but I might bake something if the mood strikes me...

Steve,  I must say that cake in the pic above does look quite tempting.  Missus won't let me near the kitchen though. lol..  Not sure I've ever baked anything other than bread, which I have to say turned out pretty good actually, I should really try that again.   
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 09:20:38 PM »
Well, I started out baking with my grandmother who went to school for baking and cake decorating. Since I was her first grandchild, I got whatever I wanted even when I was grown. But when I was little she would bake me whatever I asked for. I even had ice cream for breakfast if I asked for it. One day I asked for something and she said yes but only if I helped her. I was the kind of kid who wanted to know how everything worked, so I agreed.

By the time I was 12, I could bake and decorate my own cakes without any help. At that time I moved away from my grandmother. My mother, me and my siblings moved to the other side of town. Since my father wasn't around, my mother had to work and she taught me how to cook, clean, sew, and do laundry to help take care of my siblings. Until this day, I still do my own laundry and cook a lot. Yes, I can still sew and have always helped keep the house clean. I do not want a woman who does not work and we split the house work evenly. I've always said, "There's no man's work or woman's work...there's house work. If you live in the house, you do the damn work!"

When I was young I didn't like cooking but the little girls would ask me to bake things for them and would be, um...let's say, VERY appreciative for my efforts...even if I screwed it up. Needless to say, to keep the girls happy (and myself LMAO) I needed to step up my cooking skills. Girl "A" would like something one way while girl "B" would like the same thing but a different way. I quickly learned to adapt to their wants/needs.

It wasn't until I got older that I'd actually realized that I've taught myself a lifelong skill. And now, I actually enjoy it! I don't have to beg and plead for someone to make something for me. I don't have to go to a restaurant just to get something special I love to eat. I'm not tied to someone telling me what I have to eat because I can't make it myself. Eating is something you MUST do in order to survive and I eat well! I am very grateful my mother taught me how to cook. I've never really got into baking breads until now. I don't decorate cakes anymore but can still bake a very tasty one! If I had stuck with it I might be a baker now. But sadly, I was discouraged from it by the men in my family. They would say things like, "You're going to be a sissy.", etc. Now I wish that I've never listen to them...