Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

Yesterday at 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Hit And "Almost" Run Accident  (Read 861 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Hit And "Almost" Run Accident
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »
Yesterday while coming home from work that is exactly what happened to me! I just merged onto a bridge and pulled into the left lane. A car sped up behind me and started flashing his high beams. I guess he thought I wasn't moving fast enough. I slowed a bit and he pulled into the right lane at a high speed to pass me (not legal here, can only pass on the left) then tried to cut me off by pulling in front of me. However, there was not enough room and we collided. I stop and he pulled in front of me and kept driving.

We couldn't stop on the bridge. I assumed that after we passed the light at the end of the bridge he'd pull over. That didn't happen... He took off at a high speed dodging in and around the other cars. That was the last thing I needed after a long night of work and then some idiot hits my car! So I chased him for about 2 blocks before he gave up and pulled over.

So, he jumps out his car trying to look mean and asked why I hit his car! Of course, I said he was wrong. Then he started ranting and said something about stabbing me. So, I grabbed a ice scrapper from my trunk that extended pretty far to keep him away from me if he did try it. Keep in mind that I was into karate since I was 7 and am a former drug dealer for 15-20 years. I guess he thought I was going to run.  :christmas-lmao: Meanwhile, I was calling the police and telling them about what happened. The idiots never showed up.

He ranted some more about being from Philly and New York and I told him about the places he was talking about and he got quiet. I was born and raised there. ;) After awhile he started being very polite and we exchanged information finally and left. Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: Hit And "Almost" Run Accident
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »
From here it could almost sound like a funny story... except that it's not really, because all manner of bad endings could have developed. I know it must have been an angry moment and scary too because who knows what an idiot like that will do when they go on a road rage rant.

Glad you're safe.  :christmas-smile:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Hit And "Almost" Run Accident
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
Actually, it was funny although at the time I was a bit in disbelief. It like I was in a movie. LOL

I'm just glad no one was hurt, especially, during the chase. There are kids going to school then...