Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: The Good Stuff, like Covered Dishes & BBQ!  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
The Good Stuff, like Covered Dishes & BBQ!
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »

Covered Dishes & BBQ... that just sounds sooo good! 

OK, here is some detail on plans for food at the Hamrick Reunion 2008:

Laura has said that Larry Leadford is planing to do the BBQ and will most likely do pork shoulders and maybe a few other things. I'll contact him to see what all he has in mind and update this info after hearing back from him. Laura will bring covered dishes including some of her special macaroni and cheese casserole, plus she is also planing to bring plates and plastic ware to make sure we have enough.

I'm going to try posting and maintaining a list here on the site detailing what is still needed for the meal so that you can have an idea of what to bring... at this point I don't know how well that will work out, but its worth a try.
It would be helpful if each of you post here about what you plan to bring, or you can send me an email.

Also along that line, some of you will be traveling great distances and will be unable to bring anything, or have some other reason that you can't bring a dish. For those of you who are in that situation you may wish to donate a few dollars to the cause and we will have a collection jar setup at the reunion for that purpose. There is also a donation button here on the FamilyForum that you can use if you want to do so. The money collected would be divided between folks who put out large sums from their own pockets and at this point Laura and Larry are on that list, but other names may be added later as the need arises.
Any amount is OK, like $10 or $20 or more if you like.

I'll post more information later including a suggestion list of food dishes you may want to bring.

Did you know... as I write this there are only 27 days left until the Hamrick Reunion 2008!
I'm getting excited, how about you???
 :2tumb:
Enjoy... Ken
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: The Good Stuff, like Covered Dishes & BBQ!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »
Just got a note from Larry on what he's doing for the BBQ part of the meal, you can see a quote from his email below.
I'll start posting a 'what to bring' list sometime over the next few days.
Hi Ken,

I am cooking two pork shoulders and bringing a gallon of barbecue sauce. You may want to have someone bring the buns. One shoulders feeds around 30 people.

See Ya!
Larry

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: The Good Stuff, like Covered Dishes & BBQ!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:02:45 PM »
Suggestions for what to bring to the reunion.
... hopefully these suggestions will help you decide what to bring.  :bigthumb:
Note: At this point it looks like we may very well have over 100 family members at the reunion and that number keeps going up.

:bbq:

• Covered Dishes:
Anything that you wish to bring is OK, whatever you consider to be your specialty or 'best' dish will be great.

• Meat Products:
Hotdogs and Links are OK to bring uncooked, anything else you wish to bring should be precooked.
...the kitchen has ovens and microwaves for warming up your precooked dishes as needed.
Note: Please keep in mind that Larry Leadford is cooking up all that great BBQ so don't over do on the meat thing... of course having a little extra never hurts.  :bigthumb:

• Breads & Rolls:
Buns for the BBQ and regular bread.
Also buns for hot dogs & links.

• Coolers & Drinks
Coolers with drinks and ice are good to bring, we can all share and trade drinks. Be sure to include water for those of us who don't drink soda.  :disturbed:
... please remember that we are having the reunion on Church property so this will be an "Alcohol Free"  event.

• Outdoor Grills
The Church has a fully equipped indoor kitchen but there are no outdoor grills available at the Church so I will likely bring one, if you would like to bring yours as well let me know.

More detail will be added over the next few days.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:27:11 PM by Ken »

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Kitchen Facilities at the Corinth Church
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
Just talked to David Maury at the Corinth Church and got a few details on the meeting hall facility.

The kitchen is fairly large and has ovens and range tops as well as refrigerators and microwaves so we should be able to handle most anything that you bring that may need to be warmed up or chilled.

I would like to discourage you from bringing anything that needs to be cooked; bring it precooked so that at most we?ll only have to warm things up a little. The exception would be the hot dogs, links and other small items like that because they cook fast enough so that we can do those at the meal time.

An outdoor grill would be a good thing to have available, so we need to try to arrange for one to be there.

More later.  :bigthumb: