Forum > PC and Console Gaming

WD Mass Storage+PS4+T150 Pro!

(1/3) > >>

Ken:
... shoulda done this a long time ago!

I collect movies and such on my PC's and they were packed full of those movies and pics and home/family vids and various other bits of jetsam and flotsam. So, time for some real storage space!

Here's what I just got to store all my stuff.
WD 4TB Black My Passport  Portable External Hard Drive

It's working good so far, moved about 50 Gigs over to the new drive and it worked nice.

EDIT: ...to change the title.
Because we started talking about the PS4 I thought about splitting the topic or starting a new one, but settled on a topic title change instead.  :azn:

Skhilled:
My son, Brandon, had bought a red 1TB one (same brand) about a month ago for his Play Station 4 to hold his games and updates on.

Ken:
I ordered a PS4 at the same time, but may send it back. Two reasons for that... first is the fact that there is no support for my steering wheel (Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT) and second, the Gran Turismo Sport driving game that I ordered to go with the new PS4 requires a 20gig update to be downloaded before you can play the game. With my internet connection that is a deal killer.  :-\

Skhilled:
Yes, a lot of the updates for te games now can be as large as 10-20GB! My son play the PS4 a lot and there's always updates foe games he plays. Older games require less space but the newer ones area killer!  He's always tying up the net connection because of upgrades. Or, he's bought a new game through the PS4 and needs to be downloaded then updated! WTH???

I need to move somewhere where they have good, fast net speeds.

Ken:
The GT Sports saga turns out to be even worse!
The game's features all (99%) require that the console be online for game play and for someone who is on a metered connection, like mine, this is an outlandish situation. Even after the update was finally downloaded and installed the game cannot be played unless your are online and consuming your data allotment.
To be clear, even single player gameplay and content is only possible while online, so if a rain storm interrupts your satellite internet connection then your game is not available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version