Forum > GPa & GMa's Medical Adventures

The Joys and Dangers...

(1/9) > >>

Ken:
... of Game Console play.

The short version: I've sustained a potentially serious injury playing one of my console games.  :o

OK, first the back story, in two parts.
1/ My fav game to play on my PS3 is GT6 and to improve game play I use a Driving Force steering wheel. Because the Driving Force is several years old now, it is beginning to have a few issues, most notably the brake peddle sometimes hangs up so that you will be trying to accelerate and the brakes will be dragging. After rebuilding the peddle mechanism a couple of times I came up with the idea to use a bungee cord to help the peddle return to the brakes off position.

2/ Because of my diabetic neuropathy the feeling in my feet is very low and the feet are actually quite numb, so while I can feel large, blunt objects the touch of a small or sharp object may go unnoticed.

So, as you've likely guessed already, the end piece of the bungee cord flipped around and was sticking up towards the bottom of my foot and when I would be smashing on the brake peddle, the end of that hook was digging into the bottom of my foot!  :censored:

This morning my foot was swollen and my big toe was hurting, like a tooth ache, so Kay suggested a good soak and that did help, but she also though a good inspection was in order and that's when she discovered a big gash in the bottom of my foot, just behind the big toe. So now it's all bandaged up and I'm going to see my Dr tomorrow to see what must be done. Hopefully this dose not turn into something really bad.

BTW... looks like my game play if off for today! laughing7

Skhilled:
Looks like you might have to stay off your foot for awhile. I hope it's nothing serious...

Ken:
Going to see a podiatrist this afternoon.  :o

My family Dr thinks that the nail needs to come off of my big toe... that should be fun!  laughing7

Skhilled:
Ouch!

Ken:
Sorry for the delay in reporting back.

Turns out better than expected!  laughing7
After some serious trimming on the big toe nail and the end of the toe it looks like the nail may  be OK and the wound is healing nicely.
One thing though... I'm no longer permitted to do my nails on my own, seems to much damage happens when I get a pair of clippers in my hand.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version