Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: The FamilyForum Cancer Research Team is back!  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
The FamilyForum Cancer Research Team is back!
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
We've started up our Cancer Research Team again!

As many of you know we ran a cancer research team here on the website for many years with lots family members and friends joining in to help out with the research. Over time our team grew to be one of the most productive in the world and we contributed a tremendous amount of work to the research project, but toward the end of our run many of the projects that we were involved in went into decline because we had completed all of the available work load.

Now there has been a resurgence in this good work so we've rejoined the efforts to find cures for cancer and GMa Kay and I would like to invite all of you to join in with us in this latest project. It's very easy to set it up on your computer and once the "World Community Grid" cancer data processing utility is up and running you don't need to do anything at all because it's all automatic and it will not interfere with your normal computer use in any way.

We hope that you will join in with us in this worthwhile and vital cancer research!
You can use the links below to read lots more about the project and I've included a few tips on setting it up.

Installing the cancer research utility and joining the family team is a very simple process:

For those of you who don't yet have the WCG Agent installed and are joining WCG for the first time all you need to do is to go to the World Community Grid site where you can create a username and password and then download the correct software for your system then install it and you will automatically become a FamilyForum Team member.

It's as simple as that.

Welcome to the Our FamilyForum's WCG Team!  :bigthumb:

If you are already a member of WCG and simply want to join our team all you need to do is go to the Our FamilyForum Team page on the WCG site and click on the "Join Now" button.

Thanks & Enjoy... GPa

If you have any questions or need any assistance just reply here or send me an email.

You can find a short how-to for the install process in this topic: WCG How-To Install Instructions
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:51:02 PM by GPa Ken »
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.