Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Had fun!  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Had fun!
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:47:28 AM »
The kids went away for the weekend and left 8am Friday morning and won't be back until Monday, I think. So, Lealer and I had planned to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant...no burgers there. LOL

I've been there for drinks with a friend who used to be a co-worker. He also used to work there but I've never eaten anything there.

Lealer ordered Twin Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with a homemade tartar sauce, roasted green beans with carrots and yam fries. I had the Fig Balsamic Duck with gingered rice and a slaw. We also had a salad, delivered before the entree as well as fresh bread rolls and butter. She had a honey mustard dressing and I had a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette...both were the best I've ever tasted (we sampled each others' food)! We each ordered margaritas. Everything was fabulous! It was the best meal I've ever had!

The bill came to over $85! But we got $25 off from a certificate from restaurants.com. Go there and purchase a gift certificate to any of the listed restaurants for a lot less! We bought a $25 gift card but only paid $10 for it. The prices change often so you'll want to check it out often to get the best deals! Be aware that a 18% gratuity is included if you use the cards...at least at than restaurant. There is usually a minimum purchase required at the restaurant and you probably need to present the certificate when you order. Read the fine print.

Go there, register, choose the gift card of choice and print it out. Just make sure that you follow the fine print. Don't blame me if you don't. LOL

Gotta go. I couldn't eat the 2nd duck breast and half of the gingered rice at dinner and now I'm getting hungry again.  :pizza:

Online Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: Had fun!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:24 AM »
I'm getting hungry too from just reading about this outing!  :08:

Sounds like you Lealer had a great time Steve and the meal surely sounds great.  :bigthumb:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Had fun!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
I emailed them singing their praises. I also asked for the recipe for the vinaigrette and the rice. I doubt if I'll get it but there's no harm in asking. LOL