Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: [Review] District 9  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
[Review] District 9
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »

District-9-movie

Rated: R for bloody violence and pervasive language.
Runtime: 1 hr 52 mins
Genre: Science-Fiction/Fantasy
Theatrical Release: Aug 14, 2009 Wide
Box Office: $115,646,235

? my take on this flick:
Gross & disgusting with people puking, eating from garbage piles, people eating raw alien flesh, shooting aliens, shooting each other? I liked it. 08
This movie isn't for everyone for sure, but if you get past the first five minutes you?ll be hooked!
There?s plenty of off beat humor, plenty of alien bug action like in ?Men in Black?, plenty ghetto style thuggery as in ?Hitman? (even more so) and plenty of human interest with a ?man against the big-machine/big-government? style that has far deeper implications if you look just a little ways past the surface action.

You may like it, or you may not but either way you?ll have to admit that it?s different.

Enjoy? Ken

? this from the web:
Synopsis: Genre master Peter Jackson produces this science-fiction film, the directorial debut of Neill Blomkamp. In District 9, South Africa has become a haven for refugees--from outer space. Genre master Peter Jackson produces this science-fiction film, the directorial debut of Neill Blomkamp. In District 9, South Africa has become a haven for refugees--from outer space.

Starring: Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, David James, Mandla Gaduka
Starring: Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, David James, Mandla Gaduka, William Allen Young, Vanessa Haywood, Kenneth Nkosi, Devlin Brown
Director: Neill Blomkamp

The District 9 is a Sci-Fi movie that is produced by a well known director and an Oscar-winner Peter Jackson of the Lord of the Rings Triology. This movie is based on the acclaimed short story documentary-style film by Neill Blomkamp, called Alive in Joburg. The story behind this fictional sci-fi film is all about an alien race are secretly forced to live in a slum-like conditions in Africa like refugees.
Last 30 years ago, aliens has made first contact with Earth and because of this, humans waited for hostile attacks or the giant advances in technology. But none of this came until there were alien refugees, who were the last survivors of their home, came to Earth in a one was ticket to seek refuge. The aliens then were secretly set up in a makeshift home in South Africa. Since then, the worlds nations argued if what to do with these creatures. These aliens live and was stranded in South Africa in a very dangerous ghetto.
There is a private company called Multi-National United, who has been contracted out to control over the aliens. This company is very uninterested in the aliens welfare but is very interested in making tremendous profit if the aliens can make advance weaponry with advance alien technology to work. So far the project has failed because the advance weaponry requires alien DNA to work or activate.
Until an MNU field operative name Wikus van der Merwe has been contaminated by a mysterious alien virus that begins in changing his DNA. This strange non-human technology affects him very much in a very disturbing ways. In this event, the tension of humans and alien comes to head. Because of the contamination, the MNU field agent Wikus van der Merwe is the most hunted man in the planet because he is the key to unlocking the secrets of alien technology.

district-9-poster

"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.