Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Welcome bridgetthamrick!  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Welcome bridgetthamrick!
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »
Hey Bridgett, welcome to Our FamilyForum!  :bigthumb:

It's great to have you here with us, now you just need to post lots of news and pictures about your life there in Hawaii.  :disted:

We hear that your husband is in the military and serving in the mid-east so we need to hear all about that as well.  :bigthumb:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline bridgetthamrick

Re: Welcome bridgetthamrick!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:07:43 PM »
Aloha and I must say that it is refreshing to get in touch with the "Hamrick" side of the family as I carried that last name for 22 years of my life.  I still carry the Hamrick name although now it is my middle name..  Bridgett Hamrick Choe is new brilliant name as it my last name is now Korean.   :2tumb:  Lets see.. Wow I don't know where to start.  I had a conversation with Vincent (my biological father) yesterday and it was a great experience.  We shared stories from when I was a baby and listened to music together on the phone.  He and I share a common interest in The Beatles, his favorite beatle is John Lennon.  I lived in NC most of my life.  I moved to Hawaii in February 2005 with my husband who is in the Army.  He is a wonderful and I love him so much.  I miss him dearly when he is on tour in Iraq.  He will come back home after his one year tour next October. I graduated from University of Hawaii at Manoa in September 2007 with my BA in Speech Communications and working as a Skills Trainer for a 13 year old Filipino boy who has Autism/Aspergers.  Working with mentally challenged kids is a mentally demanding job and I think after this case is over, I will go back to school to start my Master's Degree.. I don't know what I would like to major in yet.  I plan to add some more pictures in the coming days. I send a big Mahalo (thanks) to all of you that welcomed me so warmly and I am looking forward to hearing any stories about my heritage, family, etc that you are willing to share.. As i think of more things to say, I will post them..  Right now, I must clean up my house..  fun fun

Offline GrandMa Kay

• Administrator
  • FamilyForum Cancer Research Team
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
Welcome to the family forum Bridgett....Glad that you are getting to know the Hamrick side of the family..I am Ken's wife, Kay.....I look forward to emailing you....Kay

Offline Mallie

• Family Matriarch [R.I.P]
  • [R.I.P]
  • Mallie90+
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
 :Dear Bridgett:   My name is Mallie Hamrick Kimbrell.  Your Grandfather James (Jimmy) Hamrick was my Nephew.  I don't know how we are related but what ever it is, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and wish I could see you.  You are important to me.  I am 90 years old. almost 91 and proud of every one of those years for it was a real task getting there.  Write me if you can.   Love ya.   Mallie Kimbrell

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »
Bridgett has started adding some of her pictures to the gallery and you can see them in hew album.
Some really nice pictures of her and her husband Ben.
Bridgett's Album
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.