Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Update on Mallie  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Update on Mallie
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:26:25 AM »
Just got an email from Yvonne giving us an update on Mom's condition and what's been happening lately.

Here's a copy of the email:
Dear family,

I've been meaning to write this update on Mom for sometime. Maybe now I will get it written.

The photo I'm sending with this email is from several weeks ago when Nick's mother, Shona, sent the lilies you see in the photo that was before Mom asked that the family not send flowers because she doesn't have a place to sit them where she can see them in her portion of the room. What Mom does want is a life-like baby doll. She wants me to go to the toy store and see what I can find. If you want to help with the cost of the doll, I will send you  that info later once I find the doll she wants. I think I know what she wants.

Mom's feet and legs are swelling badly again, like they did months ago before she went into the nursing home. Her doctor has increased her diuretics to another pill. She was taking one in the morning and one in the evening. He just increased that extra pill for 2 or three days to see if they can get some more fluid out of her legs and feet. As of today it is not doing that. This is the first time that the increase of a water pill hasn't worked. I don't know what they will do next.

We believe that Mom's heart is failing again and that that is the reason for the swelling in her legs and feet or in other words the fluid retention. She was walking every day until a few days ago (about 50 steps or so at a time) until the pressure in her feet and legs prevented her from it. She has weak spells more often. Yesterday was an example of that. But today she is better and talking and more involved in conversation.

The old saying, good days and bad days is true and I suppose that is the way it is the older we get. We still go down to the bird room and out on the porch if it's not raining so she can get some sun. Mom is talking about trying to write a few more stories and I'm going to continue to help her by putting each one on a page that she designed. I am making a notebook for her. She wants it copied one for each of her children. She is remembering a few more stories from her past that she hasn't written about yet.

I'll write more later, BTW when you send me a check for Mom please put Iris Gray instead of Yvonne my bank is complaining that my first name is not being used. Thank you very much to those of you who are doing your part in helping me to take care of Mom.

Always, Yvonne
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Yvonne

Re: Update on Mallie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:24 AM »
A MESSAGE FROM MOM... I want to add a few words this morning to family and friends for Mom. This is to all of you, kids, grandkids, great grandkids and great great grandkids and family members. Mom loves you each and every one. She wanted me to tell you all that individually.  To all Mom's descendants and their families! And to all her friends near and far.

Mom has gone to some crafts classes at Conestoga View Nursing and Rehab Center and she goes to musical concerts which last for about an hour. She has gone to book readings, and church services. Her favorite activity in the Day Room is the stringed instraments, when people from outside the center volenteer to play for the residents. Some of the music reminds her of what she use to hear when she was growing up. Her two brothers Dewey and Joe played instraments. Joe the guitar and Dewey the banjo and guitar.

If you noticed, the flowers in this photo of Mom had not yet opened. Mom shared them with the nurses and the staff and they sat in a special place on the nurse's station desk. When the yellowish green lilies were in full bloom they completely filled the glass vase and the diameter of the bunch of  blooms were huge. Mom loved them and was pleased that the nurses, aids, and other staff made so many comments to her about them. Thank you again Shona and Nick for the lovely flowers, Mom wanted you to know that she appreciated them.

Have a Great Day,
Yvonne
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 07:58:05 AM by Yvonne »

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Update on Mallie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 01:30:13 AM »
Thanks for the update. I was thinking of her just the other day. :)