Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Great-GrandMother Mallie is in the hospital today.  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Great-GrandMother Mallie is in the hospital today.
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:47:01 PM »
Greetings Family,
Just wanted to let you know that Great-GrandMother Mallie is in the hospital this evening and needs your prayers to help her get through her recovery.

Mom has had the flu in recent days and earlier today went in to see her Doctor because of a persistent fever. The Doctor has said that she does not have pneumonia and he was able to clear up her temperature by this evening but has kept her in the hospital because of heavy fluid build up in her legs. They are treating the fluid problem of course and she will have to stay in the hospital until that is made better.
At this point they cannot say how long she will be there.

Please keep GrandMother in your prayers.
If you would like to call her here is the number:
Lancashire Regional Medical Center
1-717-291-8211
Room 248 Cardiac Ward

Thanks everyone? Ken
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: Great-GrandMother Mallie is in the hospital today.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:47:01 AM »
Just called the hospital and talked to Yvonne, she says that Mom was out of the room to have some tests run.
At this point it would appear that Mom will remain in the hospital for another day, but we won't know for sure untill later today.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »
Talked to Mom a few minutes ago and she tells me that lung x-ray tests that the hospital ran eariler today show that she does have pneumonia after all. That's not good, but at least she is getting the treatment that she needs now.

As many of you already know Mom's birthday is on the 9th of this month and she wants us to pray her home in time for her to celebrate it there with Yvonne and Irvin. She is hoping for some of the family to make it there for her birthday party, but at this point I have not heard of anyone who is going to be there.

Several members of the family have been calling her and she loves that and wants to thank everyone for the calls. She also wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and wants us to keep them coming!

More news later... Ken
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:50:04 PM by G-Pa Ken »

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »
Just talked to Great-GrandMother Mallie and she is in good spirits and she is responding well to her therapy and meds. They have her on several therapy sessions each day so she stays busy all the while with that!

I talked to her Nurse and got as much info as possible, which was not a lot of course because you really need to talk to the Doctor is situations like this, but the Nurse is saying that Mom is doing good and is making progress with the breathing treatments for the  pneumonia and that the swelling in her legs is much better. She also speculated that Mom may be able to go home on Thursday, but that will be up to the Doctor and will depend on how Mom continues to respond to her treatments.

Mom says that she is thankful for all the prayers and all the calls from family and friends, she has had lots of them!
More later? Ken