Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: D's & R's can collide here without serous pain being inflicted.  (Read 55528 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: D's & R's can collide here without serous pain being inflicted.
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Loaning billions without checking to make sure everything is on the up & up... what could possibly go wrong?  laughing7
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2020, 07:24:27 PM »
Let's talk about Bubba Wallace, Trump, definitions, and deceptions.....

Trump tweets Bubba Wallace should apologize to NASCAR

NOTE:
... for me one of the more important points come at about 6:25.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:31:30 PM by Ken »

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2020, 07:24:10 AM »
Mississippi election commissioner complains ‘the blacks’ are registering to vote
... follow the link for the full article.
A Mississippi election commissioner sparked outrage after complaining on social media that black residents in the state were holding lots of voter registration events, a report said.

The commissioner, Gail Welch of Jones County, wrote the comment on Facebook last week — just as state legislators had approved a measure to remove a Confederate symbol from the state flag, the Clarion Ledger reported.

Let's talk about a story out of Mississippi and systemic issues....

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »
A conversation on being Black in America with @Angela Rye

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2020, 06:15:15 AM »
Let's talk about music, a theme for 2020, and them hearing us now....

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2020, 07:02:57 AM »
The Truth About the Confederacy in the United States (FULL Version)
Jeffery Robinson, the ACLU’s top racial justice expert, discusses the dark history of Confederate symbols across the country and outlines what we can do to learn from our past and combat systemic racism.

Why Are There SO Many Confederate Monuments?

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:24 AM »
Teddy Roosevelt's great-grandson says remove the statue

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2020, 04:25:50 AM »
Let's talk about Trump being right, kind of....

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
He's right! I've spoken to people over the years and could see that they flew the Confederate flag because that's how they were raised. They weren't exposed to the racism, etc. that we know so in turn they truly were oblivious to all of the negative things associated with it. It didn't happen to them or their community so they had no idea. Eyes wide shut, if you will...

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
He's right! I've spoken to people over the years and could see that they flew the Confederate flag because that's how they were raised. They weren't exposed to the racism, etc. that we know so in turn they truly were oblivious to all of the negative things associated with it. It didn't happen to them or their community so they had no idea. Eyes wide shut, if you will...

Eyes wide shut, if you will...
That evokes any number of thoughts and feelings about the issues at hand!
I don't consider myself to be a brilliant social thinker but even as a 'white' child being raised up in the upstate South Carolina farm lands I could see and comprehend the images and evidence of our racial disparities that to me seemed to be so plainly and openly in sight for all to see. Maybe school desegregation and some other small advances, like how Rosa Parks lead the way for bus desegregation, helped the younger generations of white society to easily forget what all the flags and statues were actually all about.

Still, I mostly just don't buy that argument or excuse because while I got to see and live through the 1950s and 1960s and could see first hand the "separate but equal" schools that were nothing more than wooden shacks stacked one against the other and the separate drinking fountains in town, some of which were labeled Negro and some simply labeled 'colored' and got to see all the other examples of our outright suppression of the Black citizens of our country, I just don't believe that vast numbers of white people don't realize what this all means. Their understanding would not be as clear as would that of a Black person, but even with our very anemic studies of Black history at all levels of our schools, the evidence is there if only a person chooses to see.

I think that most white people don't care enough to see and understand, but worse yet, many do see and just don't give a damn.

BTW... as I was composing and writing this reply a memory came to me that always made me sad whenever it happened, and that was watching as a Black person and a white person would be advancing toward each other on a sidewalk and the Black person would almost always step off of the sidewalk so as to not impede the white persons progress in any way. If the white person was a female then the Black person would always step off and maybe even cross the street because touching a white female might cost you your life.

Sorry for being a downer on that last part, but it was weighting on my heart.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2020, 07:47:42 AM »
Yes, many just don't care while others choose to see what they want to see. This is with most people on a variety of things...not just race but life, in general. That being said, there were countless communities where non-whites weren't allowed to live. There's probably still some around. If you grew up in one you would not have known nor probably have even met/seen a non-white and wouldn't know the difference unless you've seen it on TV, etc. or left the community.

BTW... as I was composing and writing this reply a memory came to me that always made me sad whenever it happened, and that was watching as a Black person and a white person would be advancing toward each other on a sidewalk and the Black person would almost always step off of the sidewalk so as to not impede the white persons progress in any way. If the white person was a female then the Black person would always step off and maybe even cross the street because touching a white female might cost you your life.

Sorry for being a downer on that last part, but it was weighting on my heart.

Not a downer, I remember reading about things like that. The last biggest racial thing that happened to me was at Walmart and is why I refuse to shop there anymore. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years at Walmart and would stop in there for food for dinner, etc. on the way home from work because it was close to a job I had about 17 years ago. I still live not far from that same store. I remember going there and a worker said to me in a angry tone, "I see you in here all of the time! You're up to something! I'm watching you!". I sent in a feedback to the company and on their Google website. That man no longer speaker or even looks at me.

Fast forward to just a few years ago. Whenever I'd walk into that store I would here over the loud speaker, "Security to Section: (some number)". Being a former security guard and bouncer for over 10 years it sounded familiar to me but kind of strange. Then I started noticing the numbers were random. One day, I happened to be looking a product near the entrance and hear it again but just as a few Latinos entered the store. Something in my head told me to stick around and see if it happened again. Sure enough, EVERY time a non-white entered the store you'd hear security called over the speaker. I complained again.

Then one day, a security guard literally followed me around the store aisle for aisle standing no more than 10-20 away. Every time I looked at him he would look up at the ceiling or at a shelf like he was looking for something. I was so mad that I almost started to whoop his ass on the spot! But I thought better and complained again on Twitter #WalmatProfiles and on Google and sent an email to the company. That was the last time I shopped in any Walmart or Sam's Club stores. Btw, I was a member of Sam's Club and dropped my membership and told them why and said that I will refuse to shop in any store that Sam Walton owns, ever!

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
I came here to post this but got caught up into what you posted and forgot!  :rofl2

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2020, 10:50:59 AM »
That's a good one!  :hah!:

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2020, 02:29:17 AM »
Let's talk about the next wave of immigration to the US...