Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: [Update] GrandMother Mallie Resting at Home.  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
[Update] GrandMother Mallie Resting at Home.
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »

Mom is resting at home now with Yvonne looking out for her needs of course, but she now has Nurses and Doctors from Hospice as well.

Yvonne was telling me this afternoon that the Hospice Doctor is running blood samples because Mom is having blood in her stool and that's not a good sign. As you may already know , Mom has been on the blood thinner cumiden for some years now because of her pacemaker and other heart issues so it may be that her dosage can be reduced to fix the internal bleeding issue, but we'll just have to wait for the results of the blood tests. Mom tells me that she is feeling some better, but she is very weak still.

Her internet access is off for now because she was not able to pay her bill so if you are able to help with funds it would be nice. You can use the Donate button on the forum page here on the FamilyForum, or send the money directly to Yvonne if you would rather do it that way. Any amount would be helpful... if all of us send her $10 each month it would help her greatly.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Lesmond

Re: [Update] GrandMother Mallie Resting at Home.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
we haven't got much, but 10 uk pounds on the way

she is special we wish we could give more, would be nice if we won the lottery, we would pay the whole bill

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »
Thank you Les and Lisa.  :2thumbs:

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:13:35 PM »
Many of you have seen this already, but for those who may not have this is from an email that Yvonne sent out to the family.
Hello Family and Friends,

This is to all because my time is limited, hope ya?ll understand? Every one of you is important to Mom and she wants you to know that she is sending her love to you through me. Thank you all for your concern and for your response to her. She needs your love so keep trying to reach her, for soon I hope and believe, she will be back in touch with you.

Last evening a RN from Hospice called here with the report that the Coumadin (blood thinner) indeed was too high. Dr. Miller her family doctor had her taking 2 mg (one tablet) on Sun, Wed, and Sat and 3 mg on all other days ( that is 1 ? tabs). Dr. Playfoot, her Hospice doctor, ordered that the Coumadin be decreased. He said to take 2 mg every day of the week. She will be getting that dose in her evening meds as Dr. Playfoot ordered. (Dr. Miller is no longer Mom?s doctor)

What this means is that Mom was taking 2 tablets more than she needed of the Coumadin each week.  This is upsetting, I am sure, but please take into consideration all the facts.

She had an infection in her bladder, Christmas Eve. She was giving antibiotic in the ER for that. (which was too strong for her health condition) This cause more health problems. She was not eating right because of that which affects the Coumadin when one does not eat properly.
Days after that first ER visit, she took herself off Gabapentin. (It is a nerve and pain pill for pain in her legs and feet). She was up to taking 6 capsules in a 24-hour period prescribed by her family doctor. She said it made her sick and that is why she stopped them cold turkey. When that happened she went into panic attacks and could not stand to be alone even for a little bit. She was having nightmares again. The second ER visit, not long after the first, the ER doctor prescribed Valium to help with the fear. This all caused problems with her eating habits. It seemed everything was out of control. (she did allow  Dr. Miller to wean her off the Gabapentin, which took about 3 weeks) after that but still the damage had been done to her nerves and to her overall health. Mom?s appearance has change a bit, in that she has aged some.
Since she came home from the nursing home, she has been gradually getting better. No panic attacks. (I stay with her now) Her appetite is better and still drinks her Ensure Pus to help her along. Through all this, she lost over 20 lbs. I do not think she is upset about that. A lot of that would be fluid that she needed to loose. Mostly her improvement is in her being able to walk with her walker. She walks to the kitchen to her pc and plays games or looks at photos on a slideshow that we have taken over the years of family and pictures of flowers she has stored on her computer. She still is not talking much, not even to me. When anyone calls, she says only a few words. She has talked to the nurses and the doctor from Hospice sometimes to get a point across or respond to a question about her growing up years. (They are interested in the fact that she has lived this long.) I called Dwayne today and he said a few words to her but she did not respond much.

Now, listen to this? The look of blood is going away; the bleeding seems to be stopping. Mom is getting better. Her legs are getting stronger as I said; I can see this as I watch her walk each day. Right now as I write this information to you, she is sleeping comfortable on her bed taking her nap. One thing you can do for Grandmother (Mallie) is write her emails. She was looking in her email box today. I know she would enjoy hearing from you. If you have questions, send me email and I will answer as best I can.

Will let you know how things go for Mom as she progresses.

Love always, Yvonne

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »
That is very good to hear! ;D

Offline Mimi

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »
Have to say! that Mallie is one very special and creative lady!! I am sooooo impressed with her creativity!! Sending love and happy thoughts her way..xo mimi

And Yvonne also...the chinese have a saying we are all connected by thin red threads - through the many lives...each of us are blessed with all that life has and gives to us!! xo