Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: [Review] Avatar+2+Me  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
[Review] Avatar+2+Me
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »

Even if you've not been to the movies to see Avatar I'm sure that you know that it's the highest grossing movie of all time with a box office of over $2.7 billion and you probably also know that it's in theaters again and that it's not doing so good this time around.

This quote from the LA Times...
"Avatar: Special Edition," a re-release of director James Cameron's science-fiction blockbuster only on 3-D and Imax screens that included nine minutes of new footage, attracted small crowds. Despite the advantage of ticket-price surcharges in all its 811 theaters, it grossed just $4 million, not even enough to crack the top 10 for the weekend.
.... read the full story here.

In-spite of all that, I loved this re-release and the added content worked great for filling in some of the detail and answering some questions left over from the original. If you saw the first release and liked it then I'm thinking that you will like this version as well.
I thought it was great and I was still ducking as they chucking rocks and stuff at me.  :2thumbs:

Oh yeah... so you're saying, "What's the meaning behind the title for this topic?"
Well, I went to a Monday Noon showing, so you would expect that there would be a few empty seats, still... there were only two people + me in for this showing.  :yikes:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Burgundyrose

Re: [Review] Avatar+2+Me
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »
Thanks for the review. I missed it in the theater the first time around. I had to see it on DVD. I was wondering if it would be worth seeing it in the theater this time. I think I will go. Thanks.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »
Thanks for the review. I missed it in the theater the first time around. I had to see it on DVD. I was wondering if it would be worth seeing it in the theater this time. I think I will go. Thanks.

Seeing it on DVD is nice, but your TV screen just cannot give you the same look and feel as you get in the theater and the 3D is well worth the extra ticket cost. As I mentioned in my original review, the 3D is simply amazing.

Offline Burgundyrose

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:49:03 AM »
Unfortunately, my hubby was totally against seeing this movie at all. He thought it was stupid and did not want to see it under any circumstances. He thought the characters were stupid. He based all this on the previews he saw on tv. So, although I wanted to see it he absolutely refused. Now he has watched the dvd about 10 times. He thinks the movie is GREAT! He has a habit of making snap decisions about things without even knowing the whole story.  It should be much easier to get him to go see it in the theater this time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:55:56 AM by Burgundyrose »

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »
Hope you get to go Rose.  :2thumbs: