Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: The All New Crip Zone Demo Forum!  (Read 13155 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
The All New Crip Zone Demo Forum!
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
Well, more "updated" and "revamped". LOL What do you guys think? Registration is disabled. But it's mostly left the way he left it except for the upgrades, it was at SMF 2.0.4 and I add SP, for the theme select block to show off the 30 something themes there. Now users can see view them before downloading them.

I plan on trying to update the themes, if needed. Maxx was trying to help me learn these things be fore he disappeared...

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: The All New Crip Zone Demo Forum!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
It's good that you're trying to preserve Jeff's legacy, he was and is a very important part of the history of SMF and TinyPortal as well.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:21:19 AM »
There's a lot of work that needs to be done. CZ and the demo site have not been updated in awhile. I've updated them and have mostly fixed the demo site.

The CZ site needs more upgrading, themes, mods, etc. But I have fixed a number of issues on it already. Maybe I'll add a pic of him on the frontpage or something of both forums...

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
That would be a nice touch.  :thumbup:

Mick posted a tribute to Jeff over on TinyPortal that might be good to include as well... we have it posted here, but the search is busted so I'll have to do some digging to find it for you.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Mick

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »
Well, more "updated" and "revamped". LOL What do you guys think? Registration is disabled. But it's mostly left the way he left it except for the upgrades, it was at SMF 2.0.4 and I add SP, for the theme select block to show off the 30 something themes there. Now users can see view them before downloading them.

I plan on trying to update the themes, if needed. Maxx was trying to help me learn these things be fore he disappeared...

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Shame about the portal, Jeff being a TP guy and all that.  :wink: , but nice job otherwise.  I have noticed that the themes will need editing to run https, otherwise the themes won't load properly, and content will be blocked.

Edit:  Also, are there themes on this demo site that aren't available on for download?  Black Rain V1 v2 v3 for example, can't see them on the CZ site's downloads page.  Were some of them paid themes?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:14:59 PM by Mick »
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:21:56 AM »
I was wondering if the themes needed some type of editing. But I have no idea what. Do you know exactly what needs to be edited? I'll give it a go.

Yes, I did notice that all of them were not available in the downloads and I think I may have discovered a few he has never released or were working on that are on the server. But I'll have to check those out much later. I've still got a lot of work to do.

Offline Mick

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:36:16 PM »

I was wondering if the themes needed some type of editing. But I have no idea what. Do you know exactly what needs to be edited? I'll give it a go.

Portal subject nicely dodged, lol..   You know Jeff wouldn't ever use SP, he will be spinning in his grave at the thought of it.  Maxx apparently only installed it as he said TP was throwing database errors, but I have a feeling it was more to do with him getting banned from the TP support site (again) that swayed him.  We even had to remove the link to Cripzone from the TP boards because we don't want to advertise SP.  The site is in no way how Jeff left it,  if we're being brutally honest.. 

Anyway,

Shouldn't need too much to make the themes work, I'll download one and have look.  Is this going to replace the existing demo site?  Scratch that, it is the old demo site, thought it said new.  I'm confused. lol..

Old
http://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php?theme=4

"New"
https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php?theme=4

I'm assuming you haven't run repair settings and changed all the addresses from http to https ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:53:25 PM by Mick »
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
The decision for a portal is up to Scrubmeister as he is footing the bill. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've only updated SMF so far and only did that cause of security concerns. Just about all of the mods over there need updating which is on my to-do list.

Thanks for reminding me about using HTTPS. I've been back and forth between there and my VPS and getting a bit scatter-brained. I just checked and all forums there currently has a free cPanel issued SSL except for the demo site...it not on the list. I think I remember Maxx saying something about working on those when I was doing mine but I was not of staff there until after Maxx went MIA so there's still some things unanswered about what he was trying to do.

And I did run repair_settings.php and think I was cut short on time and never finished changing all of the links as I was checking each one. But I need Scrubmeister to ask the hosting to add it cause I don't see anything in cPanel to install it...

EDIT: The demo site was not never added as a subdomain and is why it wasn't showing on the SSL list. This is now fixed and everything is now HTTPS and HTTP is forced to HTTPS. There are issues with external links and images on the main site that prevent it from showing as secured but those can be fixed. You can check it vis this link:

http://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php?theme=4

I still haven't finished running repair_settings on all of the themes but they should still show as HTTPS.

The only thing stopping it from showing was the url to the logo which is now fixed. Now all I need is the codes for the themes so they all can be updated.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:19:50 PM by Skhilled »

Offline Mick

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 07:45:48 AM »
I'm asking around to see what else is involved in the theme update process, hopefully someone will answer.  Not sure if it's as simple as adding the login security check to all the themes.  That would be too easy. lol..

I know the Crip themes on the SMF theme site need updating as well but no one has access to those as far as I know they have bugs. 

I would also like to know if its ok to update and redistribute these themes under the licence, and toc.  Who owns the rights to them?  Before anyone gets into trouble.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »
Yes, I tend to look for the harder things myself thinking nothing could be that easy! LOL But we do know that is something that needs to be done. I'm just not sure what else but will investigate.

I saw you looking in the downloads, you can download them right? If not let me know and I'll fix it. The download mod itself does need updating as well.

Hmmm, not sure about that but since Mike is footing the bill and running things I'd assume he'd be the one. I'll ask him or you can... It would help get them back in action. I would think...

Offline Mick

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 08:35:30 AM »
Yep think I can download them ok,  just saying that some are different from the SMF theme site, that will be a problem.  I think Maxx has changed some from the originals which are on the theme site.  Might be wise to compare them.

Might be better for you to talk to Mike, I don't know the guy. just be wise to know where you stand with modifying and redistributing.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »
I've already sent him a message about it but he's gone, atm. He's get back to me later.

Yes, I was also wondering about that as well. If there are differences between the ones at SMF and those at CZ. Will need to compare and check dates, etc. Not knowing what Maxx's intentions were makes things more complex. I did know that he had planned on updating the themes but do not know how far he got or what he had done. I do think I remember him mentioning he had updated a few of them, at least.

I just thought of some plans for marketing and perhaps some variants...but plan on keeping the originals the same look.

Offline Mick

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »
I've already sent him a message about it but he's gone, atm. He's get back to me later.

Yes, I was also wondering about that as well. If there are differences between the ones at SMF and those at CZ. Will need to compare and check dates, etc. Not knowing what Maxx's intentions were makes things more complex. I did know that he had planned on updating the themes but do not know how far he got or what he had done. I do think I remember him mentioning he had updated a few of them, at least.

I just thought of some plans for marketing and perhaps some variants...but plan on keeping the originals the same look.

Thanks Steve.

All I know is the themes on the SMF theme site are the ones that Jeff put there, and I know Maxx had updated some, and made adjustment and fixes, but to what exactly I'm not sure.  Perhaps some are the same.

Offline Mick

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 07:14:17 AM »
OK, from the info I've gleaned so far it's just the security check that needs adding to make them compatible.

I know some need tweaks adding to the css where the copyrights overlap, but apart from that they should be ok.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 07:20:45 AM »
What is the security check? You mean the error you get about the referal login, etc.?