Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: FCC details plan to restore the net neutrality  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: FCC details plan to restore the net neutrality
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 12:18:55 PM »
It's about damn time!  :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: FCC details plan to restore the net neutrality
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 07:55:42 PM »
Here's a petition to help. Please sign and ask family members to help:

BIG NEWS: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted this week to launch a rule-making process as the first step to restore net neutrality. The rule now advances to an open comment period where individuals like you can submit your thoughts to the FCC.

Along with our friends at Demand Progress, we’re leading a coalition of organizations helping people submit comments to the FCC and Congress. We need YOU to join us. At Battle for the Net, you can submit a comment, learn more about the history behind net neutrality, and find other ways to get involved.

The overwhelming majority of Americans across the political spectrum support net neutrality and Title II protections1. Net neutrality is the critical policy that puts internet providers in check and ensures they can’t use their gatekeeping power to block or slow down websites, or charge unfair fees for certain apps. When it was repealed in 2017 by Trump FCC chair Ajit Pai there was major backlash - and we’ve finally laid the groundwork to win it back.

Now that we’ve come this far, Big Telecom is really going to throw down2. They've been arguing that we don't actually need net neutrality - that we've been fine the past few years without it. But this is just wrong: without net neutrality, Verizon throttled firefighter's internet during a California wildfire3; during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, people without reliable internet service were forced to sit in parking lots and outside fast food restaurants so they could connect to work and so their kids could attend online classes4; and small businesses5, Planned Parenthood6, teachers7, first responders8, and many others all spoke out about how critical net neutrality is.

The bad news is that the telecom industry is loaded, and their paid PR consultants and lobbyists are working overtime to derail anything that could lead to more oversight for them and more protections for consumers9. This is why it’s so important for grassroots movements and individuals like YOU to voice your support of net neutrality.

Battle for the Net is the long-running hub for action on net neutrality, and is responsible for sending millions of comments to the FCC and messages and calls to lawmakers. Will you help ensure that access to critical broadband services is not restricted by companies, but is freely accessible and open for all?

We know this isn’t going to be simple, but the good news is we’ve done this before. Together, we know that we can achieve victory and put the internet back in the hands of the people.

Sincerely,

Hally at ❤️ Fight

https://www.battleforthenet.com/action/?referrer=group-fight-for-the-future