Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

Today at 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

Yesterday at 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

Yesterday at 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

Yesterday at 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

Yesterday at 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

Yesterday at 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Pressure Cooker Ribs  (Read 912 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Pressure Cooker Ribs
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »
This is the first recipe I've tried in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and it came out great!

http://leitesculinaria.com/102437/recipes-pressure-cooker-ribs.html

Of course, I've made a few adjustments. Instead of just salt and pepper on the ribs I added a store-bought rub directly on the ribs before adding them to the pot. I also added a bay leaf and poured some of the same rub into the pot along with the broth. I've heard that the pressure cooker can destroy some of the seasonings so this was a test to see how it goes with that. And, I have to say that I can taste the seasonings I've added.

After it finished cooking, and i removed the ribs,  I added some vinegar to the reduction for a bit of tang. The cooker is tall so I think it would be best to pour the liquids into a small pot for the reduction. The tall pot billows a lot of steam and will give you a facial. Whether you wear glasses like me or not it is hard to see how the reduction is going. You'll also need a very long spoon or other utensil to get down into the pot and also to get the sauce out to glaze the ribs. Trust me, using a small sauce pan is much better for this. I'll definitely do this next time.

This reduction is very similar to what I do for oven baked ribs. After they finish cooking wrapped in foil I pour the liquid into a pot and reduce it then glaze the ribs under the broiler. Yummy! You can add the glaze by itself or to a BBQ sauce of your choice to boosts its flavor!

One thing I did notice is that when I made the reduction I had to switch it to "Saute"...or "Brown" on other PC's. It can up to temp really fast! So, when browning something you'll need to pay attention to it so you don't over do it.

I've bought some beans to try to make BBQ baked beans. I'm also dying to try a meat stew of sorts. I can see myself making my own recipes with this...with some trial and error, of course. LOL