Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: PmxBlog Manual Install  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
PmxBlog Manual Install
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:06 AM »
Just finished doing a survey/edit of the PmxBlog file 'pmxblog_inst.XML' and everything seemed to be correct, so the errors that are showing in the forum error log must be coming from something else.

Also fixed the missing Smileys.  :thumbup:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: PmxBlog Manual Install
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:26:04 AM »
One of the mods is conflicting with another. Look at the errros...here's an example:

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=7482
8: Undefined index: TPortal
File: /home/ourfamil/public_html/Sources/TPassimilate.php
Line: 97

First line says the gallery is the problem but the next 2 say TP.  ??? They are not connected in any way that, I am aware of. Something is not installed properly and causing this.

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=forum
2: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/ourfamil/public_html/FamilyForum/Sources/FelBlogTPinc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
File: /home/ourfamil/public_html/FamilyForum/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php(127) : eval()'d code
Line: 9

Failed Opening means it is looking for something that is not where it is looking for it. There is code somewhere that is looking for that FelBlog file...

How did you set this forum up? Just upload the old files and DB or used old db and new SMF files? If you used old files that may contain parts of mod code in them, I suspect that is what's causing this.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
The site was first setup with fresh SMF files and then the last available database (Dec 2012) was uploaded.

I think you're right about the conflicts, just don't know how to fix the issues yet... I've been searching the site's file system and the data base trying to find the 'felblog' entries or files, but so far they are nowhere to be found.

The TPassimilate.php errors are being worked on by IchBin™ so we will hopefully have that resolved soon but he has been busy with RL lately so it may take a while.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »
This is the only table where it is found in the db:

smf_log_search_subjects - but that is only logged searches so it has to be in the files somewhere...

EDIT: Downloaded your files and searched them for "felblog" and only found 2 entries but those were just comments in 2 language files. However, you have a SMF installed in your root folder /public_html and one in /testTP. The latter still have install files and should be installed or removed so the install files are not left there for someone to play with...a security issue.

The SMF install in /public_html is linked to the same db as the family forum! This can also cause issues and may be why code is confused. If you want multiple forums they should be in separate sub folders and each with a separate db...even if the db is the same. It should be copied and put into a renamed db so SMF does not confuse itself and neither will you. LOL

You also have /PmxBlog (folders and files for pmxblog) under /Packages!!! Mod files should never be in there. Only the package zip should be found there.

Me thinks it would be best to start over and make sure each mod works as expected BEFORE installing other mods and themes. Themes need to be installed first. And you must use updated themes and mods or you are asking for problems! There are a lot of SMF mods that are no longer maintained/updated to the current versions. They are not reliable because of code and db changes to the newer SMF versions. Some will not work while others will but may cause even more problems when SMF upgrades again and they are not upgraded. Not fixing problems before installing other themes and mods will only compound problems with each thing you install next making matter progressively worse x10. It will get to a point where you cannot tell what is causing the problems...and this is happening now. If a problem cannot be fixed and you still wish to use a theme or mod it is best to document the problems and any errors in the logs for future reference.

Bloc has not upgraded his themes in awhile and is best to use others until he does...if he ever does. I'd start there (searching for new themes) as the mods will search for installed themes and attach themselves to theme's code. Themes do not look for mods and must be installed first unless you wish to manually add each mod to each of your themes.

I do not mind redoing this site for you but I cannot (and do not) install outdated themes and mods. It is too much of a headache for so little gain. You will be on your own there (should you decide to do that) as you may need a coder to rewrite or edit the outdated themes and mods to play nice. And me is not much of a coder.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:15:51 PM by Skhilled »

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 05:54:50 AM »
The testTP folder has been removed... I've not been able to do that install, so it's out for now.

On the files mix up for the SMF install, I don't know how or why it worked out that way, there should be only one install of SMF to the one database. (ourfamil_smf46)
You are right about the outdated Mods and Themes... I just resist letting go because I like them, but know that it must be done correctly in order to keep from turning the system into a total mess and it's close to that now.
If you are willing to redo the site that would be great and I am willing to accept your points and conditions on how we should proceed. Anything that we can keep is good, but there will be no second guessing on your decisions.
It looks like all of the themes will need to go except for the DzinerStudio's Outline and SilentWave which are current. (I think that is correct)

Whatever we end up with as far as Themes and Mods will just need to be accepted so that we can move forward without all the broken files and errors... I'll miss some of my favorite features for sure but will get over loss.     laughing7

Thanks Steve.

Ps: If you need copy's of any Packages let me know.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »
What ever packages I don't have I can get from your /Packages folder...all installed mods are stored there. ;)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 07:28:47 AM »
OK, good deal.
I would like to keep them all, but do know that you will drop several of them.  laughing7

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 07:32:30 AM »
I will let you know which ones will or will not work befor eI do anything.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 07:36:55 AM »
OK, thanks.
You don't need to wait before making changes if I'll holding up your progress by not responding quickly enough... once you start working on a part of the project you should be able to proceed in smooth and orderly fashion without having to wait on me.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
OK, np. :)

EDIT: I'll post the progress in the Changelog as I go along. I'll start on this later...after my nap. LOL ...maybe in the evening whe nno one is here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:11:33 AM by Skhilled »

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 03:40:03 PM »
Mods that are current or close to current:

Users Online Today - 2.0.5

Quick Ban on Account Delete - 2.0.7

Simple Audio Video Embedder - 2.0.7

Time Online on Memberlist - 2.0.7

Spam Blocker - 2.0.7

PMXBlog - not sure but claims to be for 2.0.7

TinyPortal - works with 2.0.7

All others were last updates before 2.0 Final and are not recommended.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
That list sounds about right.

The PmxBlog should be OK for SMF 2.0.7
The TinyPortal is OK for 2.0.7, but we should have another release sometime soon, there is not a date of course but my guess would be less than one month... me been wrong before though!  laughing7