Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Sometimes You Just Have to say...  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Sometimes You Just Have to say...
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:34:05 AM »
Sometimes You Just Have to say... Oh! Crap! This ain't gonna turn out good.  :'(

I have been using external SSD drives(3) on my desktop PC for some time now and last week I knocked the main one off onto the floor and now the PC cannot see the drive. This is most unfortunate because the drive was holding almost all of my music MP3's and music videos as well as my movie collection. This is the same drive mentioned in the topic, WD Mass Storage+PS4+T150 Pro!

Over time I had migrated almost all of my music and video collections over to that drive and while I had thought that all those files should also be copied to one of the other two drives I had neglected to do so. Part of the reason for being so lazy about doing a backup copy to another drive was that the second drive in my arsenal is an older 1.5TB Toshiba that came to me as a gift because the cable used to connect it to the PC was a hit or miss kind of deal, so you could never be totally sure of it working, but that concern went away because I received a brand new 2TB Seagate for Christmas that already had over 400GB of movies loaded onto it. So, while I had copied a few files over to the Seagate from the WD there were still several 1000's files that were not copied over.
Most of the movies (250+/-) on the new Seagate were not the same as those on the WD so I've lost 100's (450-500), of those and the none of music was not copied over at all, so there's a few 1000's of those files gone. I'm gonna start shopping for another drive so backup's can be made of all the files that are still available.

BTW... Hopes for data recovery on the WD drive seem to be rather slim, so far nothing that I've found has been helpful.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: Sometimes You Just Have to say...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:52 AM »
I'm looking at this USB Bluetooth Dongle so that my wireless headphones can be used on my desktop, because using headphones with a wired cable is what knocked the WD SSD onto the floor!  :o

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 11:24:03 AM »
The dongles and hubs should work well. Personally, I'd keep my external drives plugged in and sitting toward the back of my PC/laptop to prevent any damage to them and only move them toward the front if needed. This means plugging them into the back of the PC/laptop. Move mice and smaller devices and plug them into the front if you have a PC like me.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
That sounds like a reasonable precaution and I've thought about that... my only (flimsy) excuse is that my monitor takes up so much of the desktop that it is rather difficult to access the rear of the PC tower.