Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Easy, Creamy Lemon Garlic Skillet Chicken  (Read 763 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Easy, Creamy Lemon Garlic Skillet Chicken
« on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:00 AM »
Easy, Creamy Lemon Garlic Skillet Chicken
... this popped up on my news feed and it looks delicious! Don't know if I can get Kay to make it, but I'm sure gonna try!
Or... maybe me can give it a go!
   laughing7

Photo by Joe Lingeman

The Kitchn | Sheela Prakash
... be sure to follow the link above and read the entire article, it's a fun read.
Before I dive into how obsessed I am with this recipe, I have a quick PSA: When you’re shopping for the ingredients, go ahead and grab some rice or crusty bread. There’s a whole lot of velvety sauce going on here, and trust me when I say you’ll want to mop up every last drop.

This rich and creamy skillet dinner is just the kind of thing I want to eat on cold winter nights. The chicken breasts simmer in a pan of lemon garlic goodness, and taste like they were made at your favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant. Because the recipe comes together so quickly — less than 30 minutes — you can turn to it over and over again, no matter how busy life gets.

Lemon Garlic Chicken

Yield: Serves 4

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 18 minutes to 21 minutes
Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 small shallot, finely chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
    1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
    1 small lemon, thinly sliced

Instructions

Thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels. Generously season all over with salt and pepper.

Heat the oil in a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and sear until deeply browned on the bottom, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip with tongs and sear the other side until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate; set aside.

Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When melted, add the shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add the flour, stir to evenly coat the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute more.

Stir in the half-and-half or milk and broth until no lumps from the flour remain, making sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until the sauce is thickened enough that it coats the back of a spoon and the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir the lemon juice into the sauce. Garnish with the parsley and lemon slices and serve immediately.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.