Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

Today at 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

Today at 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

Today at 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

Today at 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

Today at 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: CPG Gallery & SMF Gallery Pro  (Read 15302 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
CPG Gallery & SMF Gallery Pro
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:28:41 AM »
Both CPG Gallery & SMF Gallery Pro are installed here on OFF and I'm gathering information for using one, or both for a slide show on our front/home page.

For the Coppermine Gallery there is a utility (CpmFetch) that we've used in the past and it worked very well, not sure if it's up to date for current versions.

Same for SMF Gallery Pro... we had TP Block codes that worked with past versions, just need to play around with them a little to see if they will work.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Mick

Re: CPG Gallery & SMF Gallery Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »

For the Coppermine Gallery there is a utility (CpmFetch) that we've used in the past and it worked very well, not sure if it's up to date for current versions.

Yep, you're a few versions behind in Coppermine, you're currently running version: 1.5.9 which is insecure (very).   Latest version is cpg1.5.34

CpmFetch is also no longer being developed, but I have posted a working version to this post which works with coppermine 1.5.xx http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65412.msg324838.html#msg324838  That's what I'm using at Camera craniums.

Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:09:43 AM »
Crap!  :censored:
Me thinks that I've broke the Coppermine Gallery.

For the upgrade process it calls for uploading all of the files except for the 'albums' folder to the website and I did that, but... when I opened my FileZilla FTP utility it wanted to update to the latest version and I said OK, but after the update to itself it would no longer connect to the CPG files on the FamilyForum website. After knocking it around for a while I finally dropped it and opened up another FTP utility, Core FTP LE.

The Core FTP LE did connect up, so I set it to upload all of the files and it started to do so and that's where the fun begins. It sat there, churning away, for over an hour before I finally shut it down and the end result was a CPG 'Check Versions' page filled with 100's(?) of errors.  shocked028

Now, although the Gallery still works, there's all those errors and what to do about them.
Gotta think about this for a day or so before making my next move.  laughing7

Offline Mick

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »
Ken, where did those version 1.5.30 files come from?
Camera Craniums Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 06:31:06 PM »
Ken, where did those version 1.5.30 files come from?

I dl'ed the latest version from CPG and followed the instructions there... is this the wrong version?

EDIT: On closer look, that version was released 2014-07-08 and it would have been installed some short time after that.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:54:16 PM by Ken »

Offline Mick

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »
Here's what I do when I upgrade.

I download the latest version and unzip it on my desktop.  First thing I do is delete the albums folder, just so I can't mistakenly overwrite the one on my serer, lol.

When I upload the new files I open each directory and only replace the files that are in the directory on my desktop, so for example, I open the plugins folder and only add the ones from my PC, and leave any of the ones that aren't included in that folder.  I do the same for each folder.

When I get a problem where the files don't update, I delete the old files, and upload the new, instead of overwriting them. Kind of makes sure you have the latest files. Warning  Do not delete your include/config.inc.php file just replace the other files in that folder

I really wish Coppermine had a better way of updating, but it's not going to happen.  And remember any custom edits you're using will be gone and will have to be re-applied.

Offline Mick

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 07:31:31 AM »
I was a couple of versions behind over at Camera Craniums (yes naughty I know), so just updated it.

See screen grab below. And ignore the modified files, that's not a problem. ;)

I can only assume what ever version you upgraded from, and assuming you installed the latest 1.5.34 then your files didn't overwrite. Source says you're running 1.5.30
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:06:43 PM by Mick »

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »
My process was similar to yours, except that the whole cpg file set was uploaded at once:

1/ Download the latest.
2/ Unpack on desktop.
3/ Delete the Albums folder from the desktop folder.
4/ Save(download) a copy of 'include/config.inc.php' and 'anycontent.php' to the desktop, but not into the cpg folder.
5/ Upload the entire contents of the cpg folder (that's on my desktop).

All this as seen here:
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

Just kicking an idea here...
What would happen if the entire contents of the online cpg folder were deleted (except for albums) and then upload the entire contents of the desktop folder, including the copies of the previously saved  'include/config.inc.php' and 'anycontent.php'?

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
PM Sent. :)

Made an account for you in case you wanted a closer look.
You should likely change the password to match the one that you use here in the forum just in case the bridge manager is activated again.

Offline Mick

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »
PM Sent. :)

Made an account for you in case you wanted a closer look.
You should likely change the password to match the one that you use here in the forum just in case the bridge manager is activated again.

Ken, so exactly what version did you upgrade from 1.5.30?  I would just go through the folders again and make sure they all contain the new files. It looks like your whole include folder was missed and still has the old files. So start with that one. 

docs files are ok.
bridge files are ok,

The single files found in the  cpg1.5.34 folder on your desktop also need to be uploaded

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 03:00:36 PM »
Due to some cancer issues that I was having the site was taken down for all of 2013, as in completely removed from the internet. Then in late December, 2013-early January, 2014 it was reloaded and restarted with all new packages for SMF-TP-SMF Gallery Pro and the db backup's from before the shutdown.
Because the saved db's were out of date for the new packages it was giving me all kinds of problems and so after a time I installed cpg again (it was in use for several years and had a few thousand pics, but then I changed over to SMF Gallery Pro, so cpg sat idle), including a backup that I had of that db, but it gave me all kinds of issues as well.  shocked028

So, in the end the cpg db and files were started from scratch in Jan, 2014 so whatever the current version was at that time is the starting point.

One unfortunate side issue resulting from my medical adventures is my memories when it comes to timelines and how everything falls on the line.
Sometimes thats a good excuse... other times it's a big pain in the ass.  laughing7

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
A good excuse to use for Kay, huh?  :hah!:

Hmmm, I haven't added CPG since I've changed servers...

BTW, Ken... You might want to try this for FTP:

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

It has everything built in along with SSH and the ability to create/save multiple sessions. Each session can start in a different folder on the same server, if you wish.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
Thanks Steve.
Tried that one and it would not connect up either.  :oops!

The CoreFTP LE will connect up and works OK, so the connection is there, I just need to discover why FileZilla won't connect.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »
That's weird...I just connected to your server using it with no problems. Must either something you're doing or something else on your end.

I'm surprised my PC hasn't locked up or rebooted yet...

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »
It has to just be something blocking FileZilla because the other one (Core) is able to connect... maybe my firewall.