Forum > Reviews

Acer Aspire One

(1/3) > >>

Ken:
Check out my review of my new NetBook computer.

--- Quote ---The Aspire One from Acer is a Netbook I fell in love with almost as soon as I got my hands on it? almost!

?Almost?, and there in lies the story. :08:
--- End quote ---

Read More Here.

Skhilled:
As long as it works for what you need it for, that is what matters. :)

Ken:
For the past few weeks my little Acer Netbook has fallen into disuse because Windows XP Home takes up most of the 8gig solid-state HHD and it had become so sluggish and slow and then when the wireless network started freezing up I just stopped using it.

But today I'm thinking that it's a really big waste to have that nice little Acer sitting there not being used so I started trying to reload XP Home but when it gave me all kinds of grief XP was dumped and Ubuntu Netbook Remix was loaded... what a difference!  :08:
What is Ubuntu Netbook Remix?

Loads fast, restarts are smooth and clean with no hangups and the programs work fast and easy. So far the only thing missing was a codex for MP3's and that was an easy fix once I remembered how to do the install.  :disted:

And speaking of networking, it found and loaded my wireless network with no problem and it connection is faster in Ubuntu.

Using it for this post.
Me-R a happy boy.  :happy:

Lesmond:
sounds kool Ken, glad you got it sorted  :bigthumb:

Skhilled:
Netbooks USUALLY have less space, memory, etc. than laptops because they are only designed to surf the net. Laptops are supposed to take the place of a regular desktop but also be portable.

That version of Ubuntu is designed to be fast by not including all of the usual app, etc. in the other distros of Ubuntu. Most versions of linux can be used or compiled to run on PC's/notebooks with less than that space or memory. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version