Forum > Geocaching

Steve's Latest Toy!

(1/7) > >>

Skhilled:
Garmin eTrex Legend H

It has a monochrome screen but has a ton of features! I can load goecache info into it. It also has games, a calendar, rises and sets for the moon and sun and best times for fishing for a particular area, stopwatch, calculator, and trip planner for running, cycling, and cars.

After I bought it we went to the pool. I played with it there and then we had to pickup Christina (tina14) from the mall...shopping with her friends.  :yikes:

I wanted to see how it tracks my steps so I turned it on when we left the pool and watched as we drove to the mall. I turned it off after we picked her up. After we got home I checked out the website and downloaded a few things for the PC to detect it and all. I ran the software and discovered that it logged each and every time I turned it on! Once I was walking around the pool and it traced my every step which I found very amusing!  :2funny:

I also checked the log for when we went to the mall. It showed me our average speed as well as our max speed. Also, it showed the time it took and mileage. I did not show this to Lealer but told her how fast she was going when we went there...50.8 mph. Of course, she gave me a strange look. Then I printed out the report and showed it to her and she was amazed! I told her I was going to hide it under the car seat and track her when she goes out on her own.  :rofl:

Of course, she didn't find it as amusing as I did!  :2funny:

You can actually save these logs and every lock them from prying eyes!!! There is also functions for tracking jogging, cycling, heart rate, etc.

Anyways, now that I've got a few caches loaded into it I'll have to find some time to search for some. I'll also have to get used to all of the features, etc. first...too many to mention.

Ken:
Sounds like a great little unit Steve, and the price is not that high.  :2thumbs:

Making me wish for one.  :08:

Skhilled:
Yeah, they tried to sell me one for about $80 (same brand) but it did not have nearly as many features. One thing I did notice is that not all of the features are on the box for GPS's. It is best to go online and check out the specs first. I read that the $80 one was good but saw that this one had a bit more features so I got it and was glad it did. Nice surprise to find the extras that it did not mention. LOL

btw, FOR LES. Geocaching is now worldwide. Check your area and see if there are any there. :)

Lesmond:
Sounds good Steve, I would like one of those, might see it Lisa will buy me one for Xmas ;)

I have seen some Geocaching around my area, but not tried to find any.

Skhilled:
If I have the time, I'll try again this weekend. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version