Forum > Our FamilyForum News & Events

New garden for 2009, by G-Ma Kay

(1/3) > >>

GrandMa Kay:
Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Am getting ready to go shopping for seeds for my 2009 garden...I am so excited to look forward to all that hard work...I know this will turn out better than our "before" gardens, as I am selecting just Burpee seeds for planting. I will not buy tomato plants this year as I am so upset that they never mark them correctly........I will start my own plants from seeds and hopefully I will get what I want this year. Maybe we will have some strawberries this year. I want you all to say a prayer for me that I select the very best seed packets.I get so excited about the garden. There is not much that excites G-Ma Kay anymore at the ripe old age of 64. I do so enjoy the garden, though. G-Pa Ken will help me with some of it.We will put plastic down this year, as I am getting too old to weed the garden the usual way. I had a bloop ppressure probl;em and being out in that hot sun, weeding, was not the best thing for me. Now that is under control, so off we go to planting. I have to make sure that it will not frost after I plant the plants. I will grow my own from seeds in the garage. I am sure that most of you will not find this too amazing, but to come from a farm, like I did, it is truely wonderful to have a large, bountiful garden filled with things that you like to eat.It is much healthier than buying stuff in the store.

Just thought that I would update you on my project. If any of you come, after the tomato's are ripe, I will make homade spaghetti sauce and freeze it. My love to all.........G-Ma Kay

Ken:
GrandMa Kay started her seeds for some of her plants this morning, here's a couple of pictures.  :bigthumb:

GrandMa Kay:
Hi Everyone, Well, the seeds are planted and I am hoping for a big crop of Tomato's.......I love making homade sauces. I just love to experiment.....I should have been a Mad Scientist..........I am thinking of planting some wild, healing herbs, like Sam talks about in her book.......You need to see the part with Steve and the cellulitis...It is on the Forum.. You know, I have pretty good luck with growing things, so I may look for some  of these unusual seeds for healing. Frankenberry and such. Would probably have to find an organic place to try some of these. I will try to find out from Sam about some of these plants.
Well, wish me luck in the planting area............Love, G-Ma Kay

Sam's Article about Steve's Cellulitis.

Lesmond:
Good luck with the Planting GrandMa Kay and dont get arrested for planting them funny seeds ;)

GrandMa Kay:
Thanks Les....I think that those funny seeds are from the Bible, so I hope that they are not  illegal, but who know's as we live in North Carolina......They do have some jackass laws here....G-Ma Kay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version