Forum > Chit Chat & Humor

"Edit" any website with one code

(1/2) > >>

Ken:
Found this on SKhilled's website and thought it would be a fun thing to try... it works.  
Thanks Steve.  :2tumb:

It is possible to edit most any website... though only on your own screen.

As posted at Tent Dwellers:

Visit whatever website and then paste this line of code into your address bar, followed by the an Enter keystroke. You'll need to use the back button to get out or refresh your screen.

--- Code: ---javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0
--- End code ---

You can delete, add and modify any portion. Why would you want to do this? Funny screen shots for your friends or perhaps as an amusing time waster.

This is also a way that scammers use for their nefarious purposes such as faking PayPal transactions.

ZarPrime:
 :yahoo: This is incredibly humorous.  I could literally occupy myself for hours with this.  See the enclosed pic below.  Note Ken's new title, gender and posts.  I don't remember if I changed anything else. :danban:

What fun.  :rofl:

ZarPrime

Ken:
That's funny Steve... err, I mean Jim.   :08:

ZarPrime:

--- Quote from: GPa Ken on July 27, 2009, 11:52:10 AM ---That's funny Steve.   :08:

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know, but I'm Jim, but I could see how you could confuse us. :crazy: Now that I look what I did, I can see that I also made you Champion of the Tent Dwellers. :yahoo:

Jim

Ken:
Yeah I saw that.  :disted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version