Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: ILA Mod... Just For Fun.  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
ILA Mod... Just For Fun.
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »
Just for the fun of it... I've just installed the 'In Line Attachments v1.2.1' modification.
It lets you add a picture or other permitted files within the lines of your post instead of only at the bottom of your text.
Like this thumbnail img type...  [ Invalid Attachment ]

And this full sized img type... 
[attachimg=2]

Here's a description of the features that it adds to the ForumForum.

Introduction
This modification adds the ability to position your attachments in your post, like the IMG tag, using newly created BBC codes. This is useful for inserting attachments inline with your text.  Several types of attachments are possible such as : full-size, thumbnail or link. For each attachment you can select how and where the attachment appears within the message. You can also use the same image in multiple areas in the same post. You can of course still have the attachment at the bottom of the post as is the SMF default.

Original mods
Based on the mod and ideas in :
- "Inline Attachments" (by mouser - http://www.donationcoder.com)

Features
o Adds bbcodes [attachimg=n], [attach=n][/attach], [attachurl=n][/attachurl] or [attachmini=n][/attachmini] to position attachments within the post.  n is the number of the attachment in the post, eg first = 1, second = 2, etc.
o Adds optional align and width attributes as [attachimg=1 align=left width=80]
o Align can be left, right or center.  For left and right aligns the text will flow around the image
o Width works on attachimg, if the specified width is less than the image then a link (or highslide) is added to one to view the full sized image
o The mod is HS4SMF aware, if the highslide mod is installed it will work on the attachment (assuming its not full size)
o Adds in line options next to the attachment/upload box to insert the correct bbcode
o The default placement of attachments at the bottom of the post is unaffected for the attachments that were not used in line.
o Works in all areas of the board such as new posts since last visit / all posts of user / new, reply, modify messages / Topic/Reply History.
o Allows pseudo preview for attachments that have not been uploaded by providing an image box / text string shown in the preview window to help ensure proper layout and placement of attachments
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: ILA Mod... Just For Fun.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »
I've forgotten all about this mod. I've used it in the past but not lately. It is useful.