ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

My First Geocaching Experience

Started by ,

Previous topic Next topic

Skhilled

We went there but couldn't figure it out. I did figure out most of the clues and the final clue (I think) after we returned home. Here's the story line:

On Tuesday,a August 17, 1875, Louisa Bissinger, wife of Capt. Philip Bissinger, told her three children,Mollie Lillie, and Philip, they were going on a picnic. They crossed the Harrisburg ( Penn Street ) Bridge, walked on the Union Canal towpath towards the Tulpehocken Creek.

The children ages, nine, six and three years, skipped alongside thier mother in a gleeful manner. They reached the Union Canal Lock #49 around 5:00 P.M. The mother stopped, picked up stones and placed them in a basket and tied the basket around her waist. She picked up the boy and held him to her breast, and tucked each daughter on each side of her arms and jumped into the canal. The woman disappeared beneath the surface of the water, the children, still clinging to her also sank in the water.

What caused this woman to take her own life and murder her three children?

It was reported that Capt. Philip Bissinger treated his wife Louise with " undo respect" for many years, and " openly courted another woman. " Mrs. Bissinger felt if she took her own life,she didn't want her children brought up by another woman.

Mrs. Bissinger and her children were placed in the the Bissinger family plot next to the children who died previously, Louis P. 1869 age 4 months and an infant, died 1874.

Capt. Philip Bissinger re-married and his second wife is buried next to him.

The coordinates above will take you to thier final resting place. Answer the following questions to find the cache site.

How many flowers are carved on the back of the monument? = A

How many Bissingers are buried in front of the monument? = B

Look for a grave close to the Bissinger family plot with the name John J Wolf?????. When was he born? = C D E F

Final Location 40 BC.DDF
075 ED.4BA

While your here take a walk! There are many interesting things to see in this cemetery. Including Ten deer that live in the cemetery.

The final location will take you close to the site of the tragedy.And be on the look out for spirits that are said to haunt both locations.Please look for this one during daylight only.

Additional Hints ( Encrypt )

Its a mystery?

How many flowers are carved on the back of the monument? = 3

How many Bissingers are buried in front of the monument? = 2

Look for a grave close to the Bissinger family plot with the name John J Wolf????? (Wolfinger). When was he born? = 1 8 5 0

Final Location 40 BC.DDF
075 ED.4BA ??? We don't have a GPS. LOL

We found the Bissinger and the Wolfinger plots and answered the questions. I believe it is a date: 3/2/1850. I figured this out after we we back at home. We'll look again tomorrow. :)

An error has occurred

Call to undefined function template_quickbuttons()