Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Mayberry Days!  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Mayberry Days!
« on: September 20, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
Some of us, maybe only a few of us, can remember watching the Andy Griffith show when it first aired 50 years ago.  :bigthumb:
If you're a fan then you likely know that 'Mayberry' was a fictional town based on Andy's home town of Mount Airy, NC and you may also know that it's time for the anual Mayberry Days celebration in Mt Airy... here's a little info about the events.
BTW... Kay and I went up for one day of the celebration about 2 years ago, we liked it.

... this quote from visitmayberry.com
Step back to a simpler time when you visit Mount Airy. Actor Andy Griffith grew up here, and it's no coincidence that a stroll down Mount Airy's Main Street reminds people of the town of Mayberry from The Andy Griffith Show. Mount Airy, Pilot Mountain, Dobson and Elkin the Communities of Surry County offers something for everyone. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy riding down the breathtaking Blue Ridge Parkway, hiking at Pilot Mountain State Park, or canoeing on the Yadkin River. Bluegrass and traditional music lovers can take in a jam session or live radio show every Saturday morning in Downtown Mount Airy. History buffs can delve in to the area's colorful past at the Mount Airy Museum of Regional History and by visiting the county's myriad of historic sites. Taste fine wines and tour the grounds of Old North State Winery located on Main Street in Mount Airy, North Carolina. Mount Airy is also located in the Yadkin Valley Wine Region home to over 24 Wineries.

... this quote from The Surry Arts Council
Mayberry Days is a festival for the whole family with activities and events for the fans who long for the days when life was simple and the sheriff didn't carry a gun. Enjoy a bottle of pop while playing checkers, relax to music from many local bands playing the same songs that Andy grew up with and performed on The Andy Griffith Show. There is so much to do during the festival such as watching the parade, meeting the Special Guests, laughing at Colonel Tim's Talent Time, placing the high bid at the Silent Auction or taking in all of the music at the many venues. Just remember to take time to slow down and enjoy what Mayberry means to you.
Mayberry Days events take place in locations around Mount Airy, with the Andy Griffith Playhouse and Blackmon Amphitheatre being the hubs of activity. Most everything is within walking distance, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothes (the festival goes on, rain or shine). There is free parking in the numerous municipal lots downtown. Events are scheduled for minimal overlap where you can enjoy nearly everything or just relax and enjoy your time at the festival.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Online Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Mayberry Days!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
I remember watching that when I was a kid. LOL

Offline Lesmond

Re: Mayberry Days!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Don't think I ever watched that show, even though we did get a lot of shows from the USA when I was younger.