Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: New job for Grandma Kay  (Read 2624 times)

Offline GrandMa Kay (OP)

• Administrator
  • FamilyForum Cancer Research Team
  • View Gallery
New job for Grandma Kay
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »
Hi everyone..........Have found a new job at a Nursing Home in a little town about twenty miles from us. It will be fine as long as it doesn't snow. Not worried about my driving in the snow, but most of the people here can't drive when it rains.I will only work four days a week and for now that will be fine.I will retire next year at 63......By then we hope to have everything done in this house.....New kitchen cupboards and floors and new paint and carpet upstairs.That is all that needs to be done to this house to make it perfect for us. This job will pay me almost what I was making in Fla. I will just have to learn to quit complaining and bitching about Elder Care. The older I get the harder it is for me not too complain.I hope that I never end up in one of these places.Better to have it all over with at once.I am hoping to have my three days off in a row, but it probably won't work that way.....I did work with one of the RN's there, who is the staff developement person,at the jail.I will be making some decent money for a change,,,,,,They don't pay LPN's much here...Guess I should have gone to the country before..Thought that the places in town would pay better....I was wrong. : :Hope that more of you will get on this website and post more stuff. Like how is your day going or what you have been doing....It is stuff that interests the rest of the family and we like to know.Grandpa is upset that more people don't post stuff and that all of you don't put more pictures on the site. Let's try to make him happy. : :yahoo:I will try to post something every day on the website. I will try not to talk about my patients or their diseases......
I am already thinking about my new kitchen. It will be white cupboards with black, ornate handles.I think we will go with black and white tile on the floor.Sort of that old fashioned look.What do you think??????
For the upstairs I think we will go with a gray carpet, with very thick padding.That will help the sound level in the lower part of the house.......Any color will go with that. We had that in Fla.I may make the curtains for upstairs too. I did for the lower part of the house. It doesn't seem like I find what I want in the store anymore. Also we will paint all the woodwork white.They used some cheap wood here for the woodwork and we will add some personal touches.
Enough for today. Will try some more tomorrow. Love, G-ma Kay

Offline Chris A.

• A True Gangster, DOG! So back up Homie!
  • Family
  • View Gallery
    • My Myspace
Re: New job for Grandma Kay
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »
so u excited about the new job? whats the nursing home name? oh and i think the new plans sound good... except i think we should paint the upstairs neon orange, and have the carpet lime green throughout the whole house..lol

Offline Tiffyrose102

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 02:26:38 PM »
Sounds beautiful!... What will you be doing at the new job? I have pictures to post but when I thought I had posted them I messed up and they didnt post Im kinda bad at this!
I love u
   *~Tiffy~*

Offline GrandMa Kay (OP)

• Administrator
  • FamilyForum Cancer Research Team
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »
I am a nurse of course...That is what I do. Push pills to all these little old people.Less patients at this place and I will only work four days a week.That is enough for me. I love you too. G-Maa Kay