Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: International Lefthanders Day  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting

Offline Scrubmeister

• Family
  • Still alive and kickin'
  • View Gallery
Re: International Lefthanders Day
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 07:36:12 AM »
I'm left handed.

Didn't notice anything different yesterday. Just another happy day in paradise.  ;D

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 12:48:58 PM »
I'm left handed.

Didn't notice anything different yesterday. Just another happy day in paradise.  ;D
laughing7 ...that's funny.

Here's a true story about Lefties:
Back in the 1970s, while my children were still in school, my #2 son was in about the 3th or 4th grade and he was having all kinds of issues because of being disruptive in class, getting into fights and just about anything else you can think of.
His teacher was a young man in his twenties and he a nice guy, but a real softy when it came to holding his kids into check. He and I had two or three meetings on how to handle my son but he simply could not bring himself to take my advice, which was, when my son started to act out just whip out your paddle and give him two or three whacks across his ass and make him sit and be quite.

Now, fast forward to about the middle of the school year and I just happened to be home when my #2 came in from his day in school and I noticed that on his left hand his fingers and thumb were taped together, so my question to him was, "Why are your fingers taped together?" He then told me that the school psychologist had placed the tape on his left hand because although he had favored his left hand all of his young life, using it the write, to pick up his fork to eat and all the other stuff that you do with your favored hand in you day to day activities that he was not really left handed but a rightie so the psychologist was forcing him to use his right hand to do all of his school work so that his true self could become aligned with reality and then he would stop all the fighting and other bad acts.

Only problem with diagnosis... He had been a lefty from birth as was his older brother and this had never been an issue in the family or elsewhere until this tape thing popped up.

So, I got in my car drove to the school and asked to speak to this school psychologist and he refused to come out and talk to me, so I talked to him from the reception area, speaking loudly enough so that everyone in the office (about 15-20 people) could hear me and I explained my point of view on the logic of the tape.
About a week or two later my sons teacher sent me a note stating that he had follow my advice about the paddle and that seemed to solve the problem.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 09:16:17 AM »
I remember when I was in elementary school (Catholic). I think I had the most hateful nun on the planet! LOL She used to try to force me to write right-handed and do everything right-handed. She said I was evil and God would punish me, etc.

She was the type that would pull out a paddle and spank you if she was having a bad day. She would lift the girl's skirts in front of the whole class and spank them. One day a kid that lived across the street from me lied to her and said that I said the P#$$% word to her. She turned red and slapped the hell out of me. I went home and told me mother about it and all of the things she was doing and she took me back to the school and tried to beat the crap out of that nun. LMAO They had to hold my mom down and she's smaller than I am now. LOL

They finally got rid of her after that. That made everyone happy!

Offline Scrubmeister

• Family
  • Still alive and kickin'
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 04:35:32 PM »
My Mother tells stories of how they tried to convert me to right handed as well. Guess it was a thing once?

She had to go to the school and tell the teachers what was what.  ;D

I'm not one who is stuck with just a left hand. I can use both quite well.  :)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 09:47:17 PM »
They finally got rid of her after that. That made everyone happy!
Hahaha!  laughing7

I was always glad that my kids didn't have many issues in school because in those days I had a bit of an 'anger management issue'.
Of course in these days, seeing as how I'm 82, getting pissed off could result in a rather embarrassing outcome for me.  shocked003

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 08:42:39 AM »
Same here for my kids. They are black belts and still won't mess with me. LMAO

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 03:32:40 PM »
... just came across this report for this past weekend.

Life for the left-handed

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
I totally missed this, sorry!

My Mother tells stories of how they tried to convert me to right handed as well. Guess it was a thing once?

She had to go to the school and tell the teachers what was what.  ;D

I'm not one who is stuck with just a left hand. I can use both quite well.  :)

I can use both hands well with a lot of things as most of us can. I just can't write with my right hand and prefer to not chop/dice food with it either. LOL.

Offline Skhilled (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 09:27:33 AM »
... just came across this report for this past weekend.

Life for the left-handed

I have always felt different from others and people used to tell me that ever since I was little. They would say things like, "You're different", "You're strange", or "Something's wrong with you."

My grandmother gave me a thirst for learning at a very young age. I read an entire encyclopedia set before 1st grade. I'm now 60 years old and still try to learn something new every day. Anyways, by the time I was in my late teens/early 20's, I got to point were I didn't care what others thought and realized that this is how God made me. So, I would say, "I've got two words for you"...and would stick up one middle finger then the other.  :rofl2

After that I started feeling better about myself and who I was and wanted to explore more about myself instead of focusing on what others thought about me. :)