Forum > Our FamilyForum News & Events

The Libararian.

(1/1)

Ken:
No, no, no... not that Librarian!!! Its me, yes me, GPa Ken.  :disted:

Well, maybe not an actual 'real' librarian but I'll be a library volunteer worker at our local library here in King.
King Public Library
I'll be starting this next Monday and work three days each week doing to normal stuff like placing returned books back on the shelves, helping folks find books and the like. There is also some discussion on going about a website that they want me to help develop for young students... hopefully that works out because it sounds like a good project.

This should also be helpful in researching our family history and genealogy.

More details to come.  riteon

Ken:
Today was a day for learning how to do the various tasks and chores, but it all began with a test. 

Now the library director didn't tell me that it was a test but I'm pretty sure that's what it was because as soon as I walked through the door she took me over to the 'Large Print' section and showed me how the books were sorted and then said that my task was to check each book in the section and make sure they were all sorted correctly. The section included two full rows of books. It took me about 1.5 hours to finish the chore and once it was completed she introduced me around to everyone and assigned one of the assistant librarians to give me a full tour and orientation on how the library systems work.

It was a fun day.  :disted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version