Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Calendar; Getting the most out of the FamilyForum Calendar.  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Calendar; Getting the most out of the FamilyForum Calendar.
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:53:12 AM »
The calendar can be a really handy tool for keeping track of upcoming events and is an easy way to let everyone else know what is happening out your way.
All FamilyForum members are entitled to enter any and all of their events and I encourage you to do just that.

It?s easy to  enter a new event, here?s a few tips:
On the Home page of the FamilyForum you will see a small version of the calendar on the left side of your window that can be used for simple additions to the main forum calendar.

If you click on one of the dates it will give you a menu where you can add your event and tie it into a post if you want to.

OK, so that?s the basic idea? now let?s refine the process a little:

*Event Title:
Two points here, first make sure that your event title gives a good description of your event because it will be displayed on the front page and you will want other members to check it out and second, you also need to keep your title as short as possible because if it?s very long it will automatically get shortened (chopped off) when the script posts it to the front page? so, you have to keep both of those points in mind as you compose the title.

*Date:
If you click on the exact date that your event is scheduled for the correct date will already be entered for you, but you can change the date in the Post Event window if need be.

*Number of Days:
How long your event is going to run? Like a birthday would be one day of course, but something like a vacation or a trip might be several days.

*Link Event to Post: ?& Post In:
If you want to post a message with some of the details of your event just leave the check in the Link box and select the forum section where you want the post to appear?the drop down list will give you all of the sections on the forum to choose from.
If you only want to place your event into the calendar but make no post then just remove the check from the box.

After you have entered all of the detail that you want click on the post button and your event will be entered into the main calendar. Using the main calendar to do your entries is about the same, except that there are more options to help you put it all together.
One note on birthdays, you do not have to enter your birth date into your user profile if you don?t want to, but if you do your birthday will then show up in the calendar automatically each year.

Thanks & Enjoy... G-Pa Ken

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 09:29:12 AM by G-Pa Ken »
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.