ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

GPa's new computer project.

Started by ,

Previous topic Next topic

Ken

As many of you already know I started working in electronics and computers way back in the late 50's... some of which was mentioned in This Topic where I talked about my experiences with the DOD.
So during all those years I've worked in (yes in) and around all kinds of computers but never had any exposure to laptop PC's at all.

Well that began to change in April of '08 when we had the Hamrick Family Reunion 2008 when I rented one to take to the reunion. In the week that it was used it worked out great, except for the day of the reunion when I could not get pictures downloaded from everyone's camera which was the whole point in having a laptop on hand!

So after that missed opportunity I wanted to get one so that when another big family event came up I could be ready. Back in June of this year GMa Kay got me one of those nice Acer 9" Netbooks and it works great but an actual full sized Notebook would be nice, trouble is, they cost big bucks!

And then along came Brian from Joel's shop! Brian has this 15" Compaq that he's been using, but it had quit working so he buys a new Dell and gives the Compaq over to me!
Now all I have to do is get this clunker to work.  :disted:

So far it was finally able to boot up into the desktop and I was able to save a few of Brian's files off to a DVD, but it's still having issues with restarts and running, plus it won't connect to the internet, so it's going to need something fixed. Currently I'm thinking maybe the hard drive is going out, but I'm trying to load up a fresh copy of Windows Vista to see if that helps.

More detail later.  :up2some:

An error has occurred

Call to undefined function template_quickbuttons()