Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Go Polar! Ride for Courage  (Read 8278 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Go Polar! Ride for Courage
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:10:29 AM »
Here in our area we have an upcoming cycling event to support Cancer Services of Winston-Salem in their work with cancer patients and survivors. Check with your local TV station for upcoming events and my bet is that you'll find similar events in your area that you can participate in or contribute to.

Here's some detail on the ride.

http://www.gopolar.org/
On January 1, 2010, Cancer Services invites you out for a great day of cycling, food and fun to honor those who have looked cancer in the eye and refused to give in or contribute to.

So, why ride on New Year's Day?
It takes courage to face the reality of a cancer diagnosis. While it will never match the fortitude required to battle cancer, we invite you to dig deep, face the frost and hop on your bike as we raise money for Cancer Services in Winston-Salem.

New for 2010: Our Registration Sponsor, The Phoenix Company, has made it possible to offer all cyclists registered by December 18, 2009 the opportunity to win great prizes from all the area bike shops listed below.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline mike047

Re: Go Polar! Ride for Courage
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
BF, are you a rider?

I am and live in western NC south of Asheville.
mike

Gypsy cruncher

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »
BF, are you a rider?

Mike, I've never been a 'real' bike rider like you or those folks who will be in this event, all of my riding was mostly when I was a kid and then while my kids were growing up. We had all kinds of bikes, from regular old Wal-Mart cheapies to mountain bikes to the low end road and distance bikes.
I was however a life long rider of the motorcycle type of bikes, starting when I was about 9-10 years old and last riding one in my early sixties... haven't stopped, just haven't did a ride for a while now.

Ps: We are not that far apart, if you get down by W-S or Tobaccoville let me know and maybe we can get together for coffee.  :bigthumb:

PPs: My brother Russ lives close by to you as well... he's in Inman, SC.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:03:59 AM by BigFoot »

Offline mike047

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »
BF, are you a rider?

Mike, I've never been a 'real' bike rider like you or those folks who will be in this event, all of my riding was mostly when I was a kid and then while my kids were growing up. We had all kinds of bikes, from regular old Wal-Mart cheapies to mountain bikes to the low end road and distance bikes.
I was however a life long rider of the motorcycle type of bikes, starting when I was about 9-10 years old and last riding one in my early sixties... haven't stopped, just haven't did a ride for a while now.

Ps: We are not that far apart, if you get down by W-S or Tobaccoville let me know and maybe we can get together for coffee.  :bigthumb:

PPs: My brother Russ lives close by to you as well... he's in Inman, SC.

I can almost throw a rock to Inman, I am about 4 miles from the border on US 25.

I also in the past have ridden motorcycles.  I did a tour from San Diego, southern route, Interstate 10-20-40 to Zirconia NC and returned through the upper route through Denver....was very cold :yikes:.
mike

Gypsy cruncher

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
My last big ride was from SC up through the mid-west and into Canada and then back down through New England, took about two weeks.
Back in my serious biker days my mileage totals sometimes ran as high as 35-40,000 per year... during one stretch in the mid 70's I rode a bike at least once a day for almost two years before finally missing a day. That was in California, don't think I could have managed to do that in some states.  :up2some:

Offline mike047

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
My last big ride was from SC up through the mid-west and into Canada and then back down through New England, took about two weeks.
Back in my serious biker days my mileage totals sometimes ran as high as 35-40,000 per year... during one stretch in the mid 70's I rode a bike at least once a day for almost two years before finally missing a day. That was in California, don't think I could have managed to do that in some states.  :up2some:

Stationed at Miramar, North Island and Lemoore from 65-77, rode several years daily as the Harley was all I had.
Commuted from Poway to North Island for almost 2 years.
mike

Gypsy cruncher

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »
Did that area for a long time.
First in the Navy in the late 50's to the early 60's, then with DOD until the mid 60's and finally with civilian companies in the shipyards in the 70's and 80's.
Last place I lived was a little town called Santee... I hear it's not so little anymore.  :08: