On the street and even at the picture show
Have you seen her, tell me have you seen her
Oh I hear her voice as the cold winds blow
In the sweet music on my radio
Have you seen her, tell me have you seen her"

Oh, wait... maybe you can see her???

GrandMa Kay's Corn.

GrandMa Kay:
Hi everyone, I can't believe how much work this garden is.We have made a lot of mistakes this garden season, but next year will be better. I put some  of the stuff too close together this year so now we are having problems weeding  between the rows. Grandpa and I pulled up a whole  row of green beans yesterday, as they were too close together. So many green beans. I picked beans for what seemed like hours yesterday.Taylor and I had picked some the weekend before, but yesterday Grandpa and I picked and picked.We gave some to the neighbors, then I cleaned the rest and cut them up, blanched them and froze them. Grandpa helped me cut them up. Then he used this little thing that vacuums the air out of the bag and seals the bags. It went well. Very exhausting.I don't want to see a green bean again for a while. I may pick a few for Grandpa to take to Michigan to give to Steve and Sam.I hope my freezing technique worked out.
We have a lot of squash coming.Yellow summer squash and Zucchini squash.I love squash.The cabbage are beginning to head and the ears are forming on the corn.I can't wait for the corn. I think we will plant another crop as soon as this one comes in.
We have tons of green tomato's. We have these big misshapen kind called German Johnson's and they will taste so good.. Can't wait for them to turn red. Some are starting to already.I will make a lot of spaghetti sauce from the Roma tomato's.
Enough about my garden.I do so enjoy it, but have made a lot of mistakes as far as the row placement.Next garden will be better.
Just thought that you would like a little update on the garden....Love, G-ma Kay

james3:
Fresh green beans with a little onion, bacon, salt and pepper!!....Too bad I'm not right down the street, I would make sure that any extra veggies made it to my plate...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version