Forum > Our FamilyForum News & Events

Wish me luck

(1/1)

Ken:
It's time for me to get ready for my NASCAR racing adventure!

First the shave, shower and all that kind of stuff and then the two hour drive to the race track, then all the orientation stuff they make you go through and then, finally I get to go out on the track in that race car and pretend like I really know how to do that driving thing!!!

If you don't hear from me for a few days you will know that I was trying to hard.   :innocent:

So, wish me luck and say a few payers... GrandMa Kay and all my kids, grandkids & great-grandkids will appreciate it.

Ken:
I'm back home and in one piece and thats good, but the big adventure turned out to be  a little less than expected.

More details tomorrow, my allergies have me beat down so I'm off the bed for now.

Thanks... gpa

Ken:
As mentioned before somewhere else, I'm back home and in one piece so that's good, but the day was a disappointment to say the least.

Actually I'm feeling a little case of the dumb*** after the way I hyped it up here on the FamilyForum, but it sure sounded great at the time.  :rolleyes:

The folks who were running the show were very disorganized and at least 3 hours behind schedule and I just got tired of waiting so me and Mike came on home. My drive was supposed to be at 1:30PM and when we left it was already 4:00PM with the race staff saying that it would be at least 45 minutes more... like I really believed them!

They had several hundred people signed up for this event, but only brought 6 race cars! Two of the cars were being used for the 'ride along' folks leaving four cars for peeps like me who were there to actually drive... but wait, it gets worse!

When you did your drive you had to follow an instructor around the track, that meant that you must match him move for move at all times, maintaining a perfect position behind him and only after you did that would he speed up. About to fastest that anyone got was 75-80MPH, I can do that good on an interstate in my pickup!!!
Oh, in case you missed it this arrangement this meant that there were only two cars available for drivers to use.     

This is as close as I came to driving the race car.

james3:
Those guys will get the bad press they deserve. Sounds like they were WAY over their heads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version