Forum > Chit Chat & Humor

COVID-19

<< < (3/20) > >>

Ken:

Skhilled:
Amen, brother. Always stayed cool under fire!

Ken:
Me loves Mila!  :heart:

Ken:
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Songs From Home Episode 2: Live From My Kitchen Again

--- Quote ---Songs From Home Episode 2: Live From My Kitchen
Mary Chapin Carpenter performing "Soul Companion" (co-starring Angus & White Kitty)

All of our dreams are laid out and measured
Arrows and pins and a rainbow of threads
Like hope on a string, sewn into the linings
For the courage to face the unknown ahead
—Soul Companion

Welcome back to #songsfromhome, Episode 2: Live from my kitchen again, singing “Soul Companion”…This song is from my 2012 album “Ashes and Roses”, and on the recording I had the great honor of having @jamestaylor_com contribute a verse, layered harmonies and guitar wizardry in his signature style.  What a thrill that was!

This episode’s highlights: Angus gets bored and 17 year old blind & deaf, one- eyed purring machine White Kitty makes her debut trying to figure out what in the world Mom is doing playing that wooden box and staring into that thingy that she’s surgically attached to.

Thank you all for tuning in, keep washing those hands, don’t touch your face and keep doing those elbow bumps. And please join me in hollering THANK YOU to the front liners, the first responders, the doctors, nurses, lab techs, EMTs, firemen and women, everyone who puts others first and who are there to take care of us if and when we need them… I am especially thinking of some old friends who are in the trenches right now with this terrible illness, and my heart aches for them. As the song says, “love finds its own way in/my soul companions/now let us begin…”

Until the next time, stay well!
--- End quote ---

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTrZ_OnyS8

Ken:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version