Forum > Computers & Internet

Dead Red My Passport!

(1/1)

Ken:
Back in January, 2021 I ordered a WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive (Red) from Amazon and now, a couple of days ago, it died. It started with a few of the files folders coming up empty and while I was trying to do some testing and investigating it just went all the way dead. Windows can see the drive, but will not open it.

So, as a replacement I'm ordering this one; WD 4TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive.
It's supposed to get here tomorrow.

Skhilled:
Funny that you should mention this because I had been thinking about getting something similar to back everything up as my PC is starting to show its age.

Not sure why it died only after 1 year, tho. I guess you didn't get a Protection Plan with it?

Ken:

--- Quote from: Skhilled on March 03, 2022, 10:47:53 PM ---
Not sure why it died only after 1 year, tho. I guess you didn't get a Protection Plan with it?

--- End quote ---

Nope... and it's to late now.  :'(

Ken:

--- Quote from: Ken on March 04, 2022, 03:07:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: Skhilled on March 03, 2022, 10:47:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Nope... and it's to late now.  :'(

--- End quote ---
There is a reason for not getting an extended warranty... in most cases recovery or repair means that you would have to send the drive into a repair center. I have/had lots of banking, taxes and other sensitive information on my external drives, so... I ain't gonna let anyone dig around in my files.  laughing7

Skhilled:
Oh, I see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version