Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Ridge Runners!  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Ridge Runners!
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:05 PM »
The Blue Ridge Parkway is celebrating it's 75th Birthday today!
Kay and I haven't been out for any trips or vacations all year, so we though this would be a good time to do a day trip and take a little drive on the Parkway.
It was great and we loved it, but it just made us want to go back in a few weeks when the leaves turn colors for the fall season.  :bigthumb:

... from the U.S. National Park Service site:
Blue Ridge Parkway 75th Anniversary

Celebrations of the 75th Anniversary of the Blue Ridge Parkway are taking place throughout the region in 2010 and culminate with a September 10-12 festival at Cumberland Knob (Milepost 216) and The Blue Ridge Music Center (Milepost 213). This celebration brings an extraordinary opportunity to create awareness, initiate dialogue in local communities, and take action that will insure a strong future for the Parkway. Blue Ridge Parkway 75, Inc. is leading the way and a full schedule of events and activities can be found at www.blueridgeparkway75.org.

... more pictures in the Album:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:07:41 PM by Ken »
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline GrandMa Kay

• Administrator
  • FamilyForum Cancer Research Team
  • View Gallery
Re: Ridge Runners!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
Enjoyed our trip today.We took the dog's of course.Not sure if they enjoyed it or not.Minnie was stressed the first part of the ride, but after we got out and walked around, she settled down. They got to eat a hamburger when we stopped at Hardee's.Usually they won't eat in the car, but guess it was a good hamb.,because they ate it and most of mine.We need to go back up there in a few weeks,when the leaves are turning.There was so many trees and so much foliage, that we really couldn't see a  lot.We did stop in Sparta and got some Apples and two of the biggest green peppers I have ever seen.We came home and I fixed baked chicken,sweet potato's and sliced tomato's.I also made an apple cobbler for after dinner.Lot's of cinnamon and nutmeg.It was nice and cool up there and made you want to come home and cook.I love the cooler months when we have beef stew and stuff like that.Something about the cool air..I love to cook and cooler weather is when I do my best cooking.,

Offline Lesmond

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
Sounds Like you both had a good trip, glad you all enjoyed it :2thumbs:

Offline IchBin?

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »
What a great time! I used to love as a kid when my Dad would take us for a drive. I never knew where we went, but we saw a lot of cool places around our state. Sounds like the stars aligned for a great trip with company, outdoor sites, and good weather. Good for you guys!

-Brad
I love cheese cake.