Forum > Hobbies

Yard Work!

(1/2) > >>

Ken:
This is not really hobbies or crafts, but it's close enough I guess.  :innocent:

When we moved to this old farm house the front yard was a total disaster and we had to completely rebuild it including removing a couple of butt ugly Koi ponds and planting all new grass. During that process we eventually removed all plantings except for three large evergreen type trees.
So... Kay is thinking that it's about time we started planting a few decorative plants. She gathered up about 25 or so over the past few weeks and today was the day.

Here's Kay pounding the mess out of that root ball to make sure the shrub knows it's supposed to extend it's roots beyond that ball.  :yikes:

After we finish along the fence there will still be plenty to go by the house.

Ken:
That post hole auger hooked to my little JD sure makes doing all those holes so much easier!  :bigteeth:

Skhilled:
I bet it does! It would for me! LOL

Ken:
We've been making some progress!
It's so hot during the day that we are waiting until 6:30-7:00 in the evening to work on it... we learned our lesson the hard way on that. Especially Kay!  :yikes:

More pics in the gallery.

Skhilled:
What kind of bushes are they?

I've been considering planting some sweet red peppers. Lealer is growing some basil, chives and oregano. I might start up my Aero Garden again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version