Forum > Hobbies

Steve's Newest Camera

<< < (2/5) > >>

Skhilled:
Been playing with it for a week now. The battery life is amazing! So far, it has only gone down one bar out of 3!!! I may only need to recharge this thing every other week or once per month.  :2funny:

But I am loving this camera. I do need to get used to it cause it is very different than a point and shoot. Focusing is on the lens, automatic and manual just like the old film ones. I won't need a new body but will only need to change lenses...when I can afford them.  :bigteeth:

The macro mode is excellent even though I was not using a tripod and not using a macro or zoom lens.

Ken:
All I can say is, "Wow!".

The quality on that image is really way up there.  :2thumbs:

Skhilled:
Those leaves (big ones) are about an inch long. I looked at those leaves with my eyes and cannot see the level of detail in that shot. LOL

Skhilled:
Here's some photos taken with the new camera. The first one is good. The rest, I took at ISO 1600 which causes graininess in the photos. Luckily, I could easily removed them using Lightroom. ;)

Some plants...

Sprouting flowers from a Spider Plant on a table in my kitchen in macro mode.

A daffodil near the swans but not in macro, just a close shot...

Skhilled:
This bird (I think it is a Warbler but not quite sure) was sitting atop a short lamppost I happened to park next to. I actually took these 2 pics sitting in the driver's seat of the car!  :2funny:

It would sing for about a minute then fly upward and hover right about the lamppost for about 5-7 seconds then land right back on top of it. It did this for about 7-10 minutes! On a hunch. I decided to focus on it and wait until to rise and take a shot. Hopefully, I would capture it in mid air which I did!  :yahoo:

If you download these and open them in a program that will zoom in you'll see the detail of the wings as they are spread out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version