Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

Today at 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

Yesterday at 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

Yesterday at 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

Yesterday at 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

Yesterday at 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

Yesterday at 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Welcome Tina Fowler  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Welcome Tina Fowler
« on: August 29, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »
Hey Tina, we are so glad you have joined in with us!

Great-GrandMother Mallie wanted me to be sure to post this next part of your welcome message for her because her internet connection is down for now:
Mom wants you to be sure to let Heather know that she wants to hear from her (and you too, Tina) to bring her up to date about all that?s been happening with both of you because it?s been so many years since she has had any news!

Tina, please be sure to let Heather know that we would love to have her join the forum too.

*Note to any of you that don't recognize Tina?s name, she is the Mother of Heather and Heather is the daughter of Phillip (Pink) James Kimbrell. (Pink was Brother Phil?s son)

"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Tina Fowler

Re: Welcome Tina Fowler
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »
My purpose for the search was to get some information and pictures about where Heather is from and to let her know more about her dad's background. I was going to gather info and give her a scrap book or something about the Kimbrell's..... But when I saw the picture of Mallie I couldn't beleive how much Heather looks like her. I had to call her right away and tell her about your website. She was very excited. Growing up everyone always ask if she was adopted because she looked nothing like me or her sister. She knew she looked like her dad's side but when I saw the picture of Mallie it was amazing.

I do remember meeting you a long time ago at Phils one Christmas. He was still married to Susan. And I remember Robert and his kids. I remember he was doing some kind of airbrushing at a flea market . That's how long it has been. We kept in touch with Carolyn(Pinks mom) for awhile. But as I grew older and wiser I realized that I didn't want Heather to be around that kind of negative, coniving kind of person. Pink and I were just kids when we had Heather . I was so in love with him I always said I would have a part of him Forever!! And she is the spitting image of him. Pink and I were together for 8yrs. But we were also very young and things didn't work out. We moved to Texas in 1990. I married in 1992. (Just to give you a bit of info on us) My husband was from here. He died in a car accident in 1996. So Heather lost her father and her step father. But she has had a good life. I just wanted her to know she has more than just her sister and me. She is 22 now. Same age as Jason I beleive. I think they are only a few months apart. He probably turned 23 in July. She will be 23 in November. She lives in Allen,Tx. I live in Plano,Tx. I am going to get some pictures together and send to Mallie so she can see how much Heather looks like her.
TINA  :)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
Hi Tina... Kay and I were just talking about Heather and her dad and we both remember seeing her and holding her when she was very young... maybe two or three.
News about you and her is great to hear and Mom will be glad to hear about the pictures because she keeps asking me about that part... we have alrready talked two times this morning for about 45 minutes about you and Heather!

As I mentioned before her internet is down untill tomorrow, but she will surely be replying to you after it's back on.

If you would like to call her I'll bet she would keep you on the phone for a good long while.  ;D

Offline Tina Fowler

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 12:09:51 PM »
How is Phil doing? I can't believe Jason is married. I will send Mallie some pics today. Some I have to get copies of. WOW...I am really glad that you have created this website.

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
How is Phil doing? I can't believe Jason is married. I will send Mallie some pics today. Some I have to get copies of. WOW...I am really glad that you have created this website.

Phil is doing good... he still lives in the same house in Spartanburg, did you see the photo pages (over on the other part of the web site) from Jason's wedding???
It was a really nice wedding and Kay and I had a great time.
If you are going to send the pictures to Mom by email you will need to wait untill tomorrow, with her service being down your email will just bounce back untill it's back on, she has DSL so you can send several at at time if you have a fast connection as well.

What you and I are doing now is one of the main reasons for the site! 
Our family is spread through out the whole country and hopefully this site is one tool that makes it a little easier to keep in touch with each other and stay up to date on family news.

And... earlier you mentioned Brother Robert, he lives in Texas too, he is listed here on the FamilyForum as 'UncleBob'.

Offline Tina Fowler

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 03:36:03 PM »
Sorry if I don't respond right away.....I am in and out of meetings today.

Yes, I did see the pictures of the wedding. Phil looks exactly the same except grey hair :)  What part of Texas does Robert live in?

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:15:18 PM »
Don't worry about the response time Tina...
That?s part of the beauty of this kind of forum system, the thread of the conversation is there for us all to read and comment on and even if it?s two or three days later it is still OK to reply? including replies from other family members as well if they want to join in the conversation.

On forums that have been up for a long time and have lots of active members I have seen conversations like this one keep going for several months (yes, months) with 15-20 different members joining in the conversation over time.
So far you and me are only on our reply # 5 & #6, but in some threads like the one above I have seen over a couple of thousand replies!
Anyways? the point is, if it takes you a week to reply that?s OK, we all have stuff that we need to do.  :disted:

Robert lives in Galveston and if you click on his profile there is a link where you can send him an email.