Forum > Welcome Wagon!

Welcome Labradoodle-360.

<< < (3/3)

Skhilled:
Ah! I get it. Thank you for clearing it up! Like i said I'm no coder but do understand a little bit. I really need to learn more and what you've posted did teach me quite a bit. Thanks. :)

I was unaware that the closing tag was unnecessary. I'm am old-school BASIC and dBase programmer and it's been quite a few years since I've done any programming. LOL I'm used to everything having closed tags, even in PHP.

I do understand the basics of variables and arrays so what you've said makes sense. And I wasn't sure if {db_prefix} actually included the underscore or not. I had an idea that it did but thought I'd mention it anyways just in case. LOL

I always say that when you stop learning you stop living. I'm glad I've learned a few new things now.  :08:

EDIT: And yes, it works on my site too. :) I've updated modifications.xml with the new code in case I have to uninstall it and reinstall it again...at least until the new update comes out.  riteon

Labradoodle-360:
Andd the new update is out. Thanks all :)

Ken:

--- Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 04, 2012, 04:25:29 PM ---Andd the new update is out. Thanks all :)

--- End quote ---

It is we who thank you.  :2thumbs:

I'm going to go ahead and install the package even though it works OK with your edits to the FF files.

EDIT: Or... maybe not.  :opps:
The package manager throws an error if an attempt is made to uninstall the old package.

--- Quote ---Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
--- End quote ---

Skhilled:

--- Quote from: Ken on February 04, 2012, 04:27:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 04, 2012, 04:25:29 PM ---Andd the new update is out. Thanks all :)

--- End quote ---

It is we who thank you.  :2thumbs:

--- End quote ---

Ditto! :)

--- Quote from: Ken on February 04, 2012, 04:27:54 PM ---I'm going to go ahead and install the package even though it works OK with your edits to the FF files.

EDIT: Or... maybe not.  :opps:
The package manager throws an error if an attempt is made to uninstall the old package.

--- Quote ---Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That's because you edited that file with code that is not from the original mod. you'll have to manually remove the edited code:

--- Code: --- //-- Labradoodle-360; Childboards as Dropdown
if ((empty($context['current_action']) || !empty($context['current_action']) && $context['current_action'] == 'forum') && empty($_GET['topic']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/cad_source/main.php');
loadChildboards_as_Dropdown();
}
// End Labradoodle-360; Childboards as Dropdown --//
--- End code ---

and replace it with the original code:

--- Code: --- //-- Labradoodle-360; Childboards as Dropdown
if (empty($_GET['action']) && empty($_GET['topic']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/cad_source/main.php');
loadChildboards_as_Dropdown();
}
// End Labradoodle-360; Childboards as Dropdown --//

--- End code ---

OR: Just uninstall it and remove that bit of code altogether then reinstall with the new mod.

Ken:
OK, I'll give that a try.  :bigthumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version