Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: GrandMa Kays Garden for 2008!  (Read 2450 times)

Offline GrandMa Kay (OP)

• Administrator
  • FamilyForum Cancer Research Team
  • View Gallery
GrandMa Kays Garden for 2008!
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »
Hi everyone!!!!!!Garden number two is being put in now.....Very slowly, I might add and maybe a little late, but it is the quality of the food that we are planting that makes all the difference.I have 15 tomato plants.7 different kinds of peppers and today we will do cabbage.Also planted some green beans, Okra, Dill,Corn, beets.....And today, after the cabbage we will try to get the rest of it in. Haven't started on the melon patch yet. It has been so wet that we have to do whenever we can and when we feel that we are able enough to get out there and fight the hot sun and the bugs. I will keep you posted on the garden. Next year there will be strawberries for sure. Not this year....Anyway, the corn is up after one week in the ground. Can't believe how fast our stuff grows. Later, G-Ma Kay

You can read all about my garden from last year by going to this link:
Kays Garden!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:02:36 AM by GP Ken »

Offline GrandMa Kay (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: GrandMa Kays Garden for 2008!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:12:02 AM »
Uncle Michael planted some of the rows yesterday, however he said that he did not inherit the "Farmer" trait that is in our family. Guess none of my kids did...O'well, I have it and I got it from my Dad...I love digging in the dirt and growing stuff.What is really great is being able to put that food in the freezer.I am still a little afraid of canning. I sure wouldn't want to kill someone with Botulism.I wonder if a person who get's Botulism, dies without wrinkles?????Guess that I have a sick sence of humor.....Later, G-ma Kay

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
Minnie was helping GrandMa to!  :bigthumb:

You can see some more pictures HERE.

Ps: Jake wasn't into helping to much, he just mostly was hanging out.  :disted:
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline GrandMa Kay (OP)

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »
Oue garden this year is a disaster.I have picked all the green beans that I want to pick and there are enough out there for five large families. It has been too hot and we planted too much garden this year....Tomato's not doing all that well this year and that is what I look forward to putting in the freezer.Have put a lot of corn on the cob in the freezer and green bens. Will put some Okra in today.I love it fried, but it is also good in soups.With the draught and the overgrowth of grass, there is no way to keep up with the garden. Especially if you are 63.....I guess I am getting old.Next year, smaller garden with more plumb tomato's.Less green beans.....Have a couple of watermelon and some cantaloupe, but the deer are taking a toll on that. Rabbits too. We have a couple of families of them out back....They also like the green part of blackeyed peas and crowder peas.They also like the pea themselves. No wonder they are so healthy looking. Can't kill them as it isn't in my nature. Now if it was a neighbor stealing my stuff, it would be different. Not an animal. They are just doing what the are supposed to do. Well, guess I better go. Have more corn to put into the freezer and some tomato's to wash and some Okra to cook for supper. Fried okra is really good. Very expensive to buy. Later...G-Ma Kay