Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:52:09
It may be released as early as today...if we all agree on it. ;)

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 09:37:46
Thank you, sir!  :)

Ken

2024-03-24, 09:28:38
I like it. Dark themes are not my first choice, but I like the crisp, clean lines.  :thumbup:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:56:28
The original theme is here:

https://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:53:17
You can always see the latest previews here but registration is disabled:

https://skhilled.com/cztest/index.php

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:50:36
Any previews yet?

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:46:18
We almost have another theme completed.  :laugh:

Skhilled

2024-03-24, 08:45:18
What's up, bro?  :drinking:

Ken

2024-03-24, 08:42:45
Hi Steve.  :)

Skhilled

2024-02-21, 21:11:25
I missed that one. LOL

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Template for Movies Reviews:  (Read 5769 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Template for Movies Reviews:
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »
You can use this template to spice up your movie reviews, just copy and paste into your review window and fill in the blanks.

In the first example all of the content has been removed so that all you need do is copy that and paste it into your review.
When you have entered your content into the template you may want to play around with the spacing a little to get the layout just the way you want it to look... if you have any problems at all let me know and I'll try to help.
Code: [Select]

[center][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]

[b]Genre:[/b]   
[b]Starring:[/b]
[b]Director:[/b]
[b]Screenwriter:[/b]
[b]Producer: [/b]
[b]Composer:[/b]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td]
[td][table][tr][td][IMG][/img][/td][/tr][/table][/td]
[td][table][tr][td]
[b]Rated:[/b]
[b]Runtime:[/b]
[b]Theatrical Release:[/b]
[b]Box Office:[/b]
[/td][/tr][/table][/center]
[hr /]

In this second example I left in all of the content detail so that you can see how my review of 'Fools Gold' was written.

Code: [Select]
[center][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]

[b]Genre:[/b]  Comedy
[b]Starring:[/b]Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson,
 Donald Sutherland, Ewen Bremner, Alexis Dziena
[b]Director:[/b] Andy Tennant
[b]Screenwriter:[/b] John Claflin, Daniel Zelman, Andy Tennant
[b]Producer: [/b]Donald DeLine, Bernie Goldmann, Jon Klane
[b]Composer:[/b] George Fenton
[/td][/tr][/table][/td]

[td][table][tr][td][IMG]
http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/gallery/1/64_24_06_08_8_19_33.jpg[/img][/td][/tr][/table][/td]

[td][table][tr][td]

[b]Rated:[/b] PG-13
[b]Runtime:[/b] 1 hr 53 mins
[b]Theatrical Release:[/b] Feb 8, 2008 Wide
[b]Box Office:[/b] $70,100,000
[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[hr /]

This is a screwball comedy that also tries to be an action-adventure and it kind of falls somewhere in between the two.

The director, Andy Tennant, doesn't pull it all together in "Fool's Gold," which is about the search for an 18th century treasure in the Bahamas. Most of the elements and most of the actors are appealing, but they just don't jell. But even if "Fool's Gold" doesn't compare with "Romancing the Stone," it is a fairly entertaining diversion.

McConaughey and Hudson play Ben "Finn" Finnegan and Tess, a gorgeous but newly divorced couple and Finn is a typical McConaughey character, a hunky beachcomber who gets by on his looks. He believes he has just discovered the location of the Spanish treasure known as the Queen's Dowry. High-strung Tess signs on to the crew of a yacht owned by billionaire Nigel Honeycutt (Donald Sutherland) and hopes to sail away from the Caribbean before Finn knows she's gone.

But a series of improbable event brings Finn aboard Honeycutt's yacht, and he quickly convinces the billionaire to bankroll his latest attempt to find the Queen's Dowry. The biggest problem is that the last person to bankroll Finn's treasure hunt, rap star turned Caribbean island tyrant Bigg Bunny (Kevin Hart), wants Finn dead. McConaughey is amusing in his standard lackadaisical way, but Hudson is a firecracker that never goes off.

The nutty supporting cast helps the screwball half of "Fool's Gold" work, particularly when Sutherland and Dziena (his daughter) are left alone on his yacht to befuddle each other. Fact is, I think that [url=http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/donald_sutherland/biography.php][u]Donald Sutherland[/u][/url] is the best out of the whole cast, but then I've been a big fan of his ever since he started acting and I think that his 1978 film [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077745/][u]Invasion of the Body Snatchers[/u][/url] is one of the better 'monster' horror flicks of all time.

The action-adventure half of "Fool's Gold" never snaps to life, but at least it looks great. With Australia's reefs standing in for the Bahamas, cinematographer Don Burgess captures one gorgeous seascape after another. And it is always refreshing these days to watch action sequences that use stunt teams instead of CGI.

Thought it falters almost as often as it succeeds, "Fool's Gold" has an odd, low-key appeal.
Lately there seem to be lots of the "bunch of dummies" kind of movies coming out and this one is surely in that category, but in the end I actually liked it.  :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Enjoy... Ken

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:32:31 PM by GP Ken »
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.