Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Road Trip! Road Trip!  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
Re: Road Trip! Road Trip!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 06:05:42 AM »
Glad you've made it home safely. :)

I've shoveled twice since the snow started around 6:00 PM EST. It's 12 hours later and doesn't look like I've done too much. LOL It is very windy and the snow is blowing all over the place. :P

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
RoadTrip 2010
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »
We had a great trip and a great visit with Mallie.  :bigthumb:

We took lots of pictures and currently there 81 of them posted in the Gallery, there may be more later.
RoadTrip2010

We tried to get Mom to show us her "Jimmy Carter Smile"
But all she would do was give us a little tease by lifting one side of her mouth with a finger.  :08:

Tyra, Russ and I all made it to Mom's house on Wednesday, Russ and me in the afternoon and Tyra in the early evening. Tyra had originally planed to travel on Wednesday, but Russ and I had been planing to travel on Friday but because of the possible storm coming in we moved our start time up to Wednesday morning. Our drive up was smooth and easy with no issues and Tyra's flight went OK as well, she came into the airport in Philadelphia and then drove over to Marietta.

We had all planned to stay until Saturday but with every newscast throughout that Wednesday evening the forecast kept getting worse and by Thursday afternoon it was looking as if this storm was going to be really big and then that evening Tyra's airline called to let her know that the Saturday flight was canceled and if she wanted to return to Chicago anytime soon she would have to be at the airport Friday morning by about 6:00AM. About the same time Russ and me were beginning to realize that we would need to leave about the same time if we were to beat the weather and make it back home in time for Russ to return to work on Monday.

Russ and me took the more easterly route coming back, going south-east to Baltimore and then south on I-95. We saw some snow and sleet, but mostly just rain, so while the drive had some uncomfortable moments it went well and we arrived home safely.

It was a great visit and the longer we were there the more Mom's spirits and energy seemed to lift and improve. She even got on her computer and worked for a few minutes and then played one of her favorite games for a little while. Mom is still very weak and tires easily, but she actually looks better than she did the last time we were there a few months ago. For one thing the swelling in her feet and legs is almost completely gone.

There is already some preliminary planning going on for a trip to see her in March for her 92nd Birthday and if there is any chance that you can make it I would encourage you to be there.  :bigthumb:
If you think you may be able to go please let me know by posting here or sending me a email or a call... Mom is looking forward to this Birthday and the more family and friends we can gather for her the better.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »
I'm so glad Ms. Mallie is feeling better now.  :yahoo:

It would have been nice to drive over there if you guys would have stayed and the weather was a lot nicer...much nicer.  :hah:

47.4 mi  ? about 51 mins
From my house, according to Google maps...

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:34:11 AM »
Hopefully in March the weather will be better and you can make the drive Steve.  riteon
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
Might be April or May before this weather lets up.