Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Skhilled

2024-06-14, 22:09:12
I hope so! LOL

Ken

2024-06-14, 21:41:30
My B-Day is forthcoming and maybe it will be far enough along so that I can be a regular Dancing Fool for that day!!! :banana: :2funny:

Ken

2024-06-14, 21:38:38
Happy Friday everyone! I'm  SOOO glad to see Friday and not just because it's the weekend, but because it marks one more day in the recovery of my foot!  laughing7

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: TP Docs Rebuild/Update  (Read 32339 times)

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Re: TP Docs Rebuild/Update
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2015, 07:58:19 AM »
4.  Missing images for these 2:
Hide the edit article link under articles?

Yes | This option will hide the quick "edit" link for those with permission at the top the article.
    No | This option will show the quick "edit" link for those with permission to edit the article.

Show print icon in articles?

Yes | This option will show the icon, allowing user's to print just the content of the article.
    No | This option will not show the icon, not allowing user's to print just the content of the article.

5.  Maybe add the "E" edit icon to this image at the end of "Hide the edit article link under articles?"...like the print option does:

4/ check my fix there, do you like it better now?
5/ you should post that in the TP 2.0 beta topic... and maybe the TP 1.1 topic beta as well.
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2015, 08:01:42 AM »
Yup! Each article has a setting to disable commenting on it. I do think categories should also have the same option for all articles within that category.

Well, it locks the article no matter what is going on until you unlock it. There may be other admins, etc. that you do not want editing your articles and may wish to keep it locked permanently.

We should test this out... me gotta be off here shortly, but later on I'll setup an article that's locked and then you can try to edit and comment to see exactly how this works.

Ps: I like the category setting idea.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • All of my passwords are protected by amnesia...
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2015, 08:19:39 AM »
Ok...

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2015, 08:28:40 AM »
OK, this article is locked... comments are turned on.
http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?page=115

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »
Apparently, it lets admins edit it because I could edit it. Look at the very bottom and you'll see "Edit...". Change my membergroup and we can try it again.

But when I try to add a comment I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

It appears that there is a missing verification image somehow and none is shown in the article anywhere.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
1.  How Do I Adjust My Article's Visual Options?

To adjust an articles visual options, such as showing left panel, right panel, author, date, etc. Go to: "Admin > Tiny Portal > Articles > Select The Article You Wish To Adjust > Edit Visual Options". You can also just select "edit visual options" at the bottom of any article, assuming you have permission to do such.

Should be:

To adjust an article's visual options, such as showing left panel, right panel, author, date, etc. Go to: "Admin > Tiny Portal > Articles > (Select The Article You Wish To Adjust) > Edit Visual Options". You can also just select "edit visual options" at the bottom of any article, assuming you have permission to do such.

2.  How Do I Manage My Articles?

You can read more about category settings HERE.

...the "HERE" link goes to a 404 page.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:10:53 AM by Skhilled »

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
Under the "Frontpage" section on the main page...

1.  How to Create A Splash Page

The link goes to a login page...

2.  How to Arrange Articles On The Frontpage

After the first image...

There will be a "Pos"(position) box to the left of each article in the category and as seen in this picture the default value is '0' and that means that each article will be sorted by date. To change the order you can enter a numerical value into the box and by doing so move an article's position in the sort.

Should be:

There will be a "Pos"(position) box to the left of each article in the category and as seen in this picture. The default value is "0" and that means that each article will be sorted by date. To change the order you can enter a numerical value into the box and by doing so will move an article's position in the sort.

* Note - the "0" in the text above appears as a small "o" instead of a capital "O" or a "0" (zero).

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2015, 02:27:46 PM »
Apparently, it lets admins edit it because I could edit it. Look at the very bottom and you'll see "Edit...". Change my membergroup and we can try it again.

But when I try to add a comment I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

It appears that there is a missing verification image somehow and none is shown in the article anywhere.

OK, try it now.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »
Can't edit and at the bottom it says:

You don't have permmission to comment, or comments have been turned off for this article.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2015, 07:52:31 PM »
How Do I Install A New Module?

Top install a new module, you must first have your module selected and saved to hard drive or flash drive. Then simply go to: "Admin > TinyPortal > Modules > Uploaded Modules". Here you will see a list of already uploaded modules, and at the bottom an option to "browse" your hard drive or memory space to select the module you have, then click "save" to upload the module.

Should be:

To install a new module, you must first have your module selected and saved to hard drive or flash drive. Then simply go to: "Admin > TinyPortal > Modules > Uploaded Modules". Here you will see a list of already uploaded modules, and at the bottom an option to "browse" your hard drive or flash drive to select the module you have, then click "save" to upload the module.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:48 AM »
What Are The Module Settings?

This is an excellent tool for troubleshoot, if you are having problems with a installed module.

Should be:

This is an excellent tool for troubleshooting, if you are having problems with a installed module.

How Do I Configure My Frontpage Settings?

At the very bottom of the page:

Once you have finished with your frontpage settings, just click save and your done!

Should be:

Once you have finished with your frontpage settings, just click save and you're done!

How Do I Configure My Panel Settings?

Totally wrong link! It actually show this: How do I Manually Remove TP V1.0.* from my Site?

And that link also needs a How to remove for TP 1.1.x...maybe just how to remove TP with the various versions within it.

How Do I Configure My TP Settings?'

Again, wrong link...goes to TP How-to's. May need to be rewritten. Personally, I think the entire Docs needs to be rewritten.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:09:09 AM by Skhilled »

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »
"Again, wrong link...goes to TP How-to's. May need to be rewritten. Personally, I think the entire Docs needs to be rewritten."
Err... Umm... that's what I'm doing Steve!  shocked003

I'm trying to systematically go through the TP 1.0 Docs and copy them over into the TP 1.1 Docs and then making updates and rewrites as needed. For a while I was simply updating the 1.0's but soon realized that was not going to work because for one thing, the 1.0's needed to be preserved, but mostly because it would be confusing for a user to look at a doc that had 1.0 in the title when they were trying to get help on a 1.1 question.  As I get these tips and suggested edits from Illori, you and Mick, I have been applying them to go along with my own efforts.

For my update/rewrite procedure, it goes like this:
As mentioned elsewhere, on the Docs home page I go to the next block, in turn and begin to work on each link in that block's contents. Currently I'm working on the 'Blocks' block and under that category any and all topics get copied over from 1.0 to a newly created 'Blocks' board in the 1.1 category.
As I copy over each topic the content is edited as needed to work with 1.1 functions. As you may have noticed, I like to included an image or two because I think it makes the topic easier for a user to understand... we have lots of international users, so to me that's an even larger reason to include the occasional image.

BTW... I'm going to start entering your edits into the Docs bug tracker, should have done so from the beginning.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2015, 08:01:44 AM »
LOL! What I mean is start fresh and with a new look (if you have not started doing so already) for v1.1 and v1.0. The blocks and titles that go under them are confusing and some need to be rearranged or just rewritten. Some of the titles I think should be in other blocks or have the titles renamed to suit the links beneath them, etc.

As far as your procedure goes, that is how I'm going about it...one block at a time with the links under it. I think a lot more images should be included. This will help cut back on support as well as help the international users. Hmmm, starting Project # 3092...  :rofl2

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • View Gallery
    • Buildz Hosting
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2015, 08:03:16 AM »
...and I think it should look more like whatever the current TP theme is...

Offline Ken (OP)

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Hmmm, starting Project # 3092...  :rofl2
groan: