Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ShoutBox!

Scrubmeister

2024-04-19, 10:32:40
Good to see the site back faster than ever. :)

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 21:09:09
I've upgraded the server...more resources. ;)

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:57:10
Now that you mention it...  :D

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 20:47:19
...and, you should notice that the site is much faster.  :o

Ken

2024-04-18, 20:31:37
Hey Steve.

Skhilled

2024-04-18, 17:56:10
Re-read the message below...

Skhilled

2024-03-31, 15:22:06
Oh yeah, you need to upgrade the site first...

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:54:54
Whoops! I forgot that the SMF install here on OFF is out of date!  :'(

Ken

2024-03-30, 09:44:48
 Conga-Rats Steve!  :thumbup:
Me gonna install it here just for the fun of it!  :)

Skhilled

2024-03-29, 22:15:23
Released!  :D

Recent Topics

TP Articles

Search in titles
Search in article texts

Author Topic: Ira Hoyle Hamrick  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Ken

• Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Administrator
  • View Gallery
Ira Hoyle Hamrick
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:34:54 PM »
While reading through one of the newsletters published by GGM Mallie & Sister Yvonne I came across this nice story about Mom's dad... hope you like it as much as me. You can find the newsletters HERE.

Spotlight On Ira Hoyle Hamrick

He was born 22 September 1877 in Rutherford County N. C. Died: 5 August 1966 in Rutherfordton, Rutherford County, N. C. He was 89 years old. He married on 3 October 1906 to Bulah Odessa Hamrick (maiden name) born: 29 September 1892, died: 17 Jan 1982. She was 90 years old. They were farmers in Rutherford County, N. C. most of their lives and they had nine children. (They were also 4th cousins)

Grandpa Hoyle died in the Rutherfordton Hospital, in Rutherfordton, N. C. He had several health problems which were: diabetes, hardening of the arteries but it was gangrene that took his life. The arteries collapsed because of intravenous fluids in his arms, it was complications caused his death. He and Grandmother are buried at Calvary Baptist Cemetery, Cliffside, Rutherford County, N. C.

He was an avid Bible reader most of he adult life. He like his wife, Bulah, read the Holy Bible through from start to finish more than 20 times apiece, told to me by Grandmother Bulah.

The following was written in Grandpa Hoyle's own handwriting in his own words and has not been corrected:

* First entry: Dated February 7, 1947, " I like to read this book it has gave me more nowledge then most enoy other book exspt the Bible." (It was signed) I. H. Hamrick.

* Second entry: "I love to read the Bible it show me the way to a better land it tells me about the Lord and Master. I have bin reading the Bible for 50 years and it is just as new to me now as it ever was." (It was signed) Hoyle Hamrick.

In regards to the two entries written by Grandpa Hoyle above, both entries were written on a page from a book. The title of the book is not known. On one side of the page it was blank that is where Grandpa wrote the two handwritten journal entries.

The second entry on that page referred to the King James Version of the Bible.
The opposite side of the two entries of Grandpa Hoyles' was a picture of a large battleship with the following information written beneath it: United States Battleship Connecticut, Displacement 1600: Armament: Four 12-inch, eight 8-inch, twelve 7-inch guns, besides forty smaller, light and machine guns. (This page described above is in the possession of Mallie Hamrick Kimbrell, Hoyle Hamrick's daughter.)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:59:25 PM by GP Ken »
"Not all who wander are lost."-Tolkien
Yesterday When I was Young.